Wyndham Rewards points will expire after 18 months of account inactivity, and four years after being earned, regardless of account activity.
However, due to COVID-19, Wyndham suspended points expirations through June 30, 2021.
Ways to Keep Your Account Active
There are several ways to keep your Wyndham account active, which will reset the 18-month clock (but not the 4-year clock):
- Earning points from a stay at a Wyndham hotel, Wyndham Vacation Clubs, or Caesars Entertainment casino destinations.
- Earning points via the Barclays Wyndham Earner, Earner Plus, or Earner Business credit cards.
- Redeeming Wyndham points for hotel stays, gift cards, tours, etc.
- Renting cards from Avis.
- Buying Wyndham Points.
- Online Shopping via Wyndham Portal.
- Buying Gas at Marathon.
- Booking a tour or activity.
- Signing up for a Home Chef meal kit.
Comparison of Hotel Programs
Below are the points expiration policies of the major hotel programs, so you can see how Wyndham compares to the competition.