The Bank of America Virgin Atlantic Mastercard earns 3x points on Virgin Atlantic and 1.5x points everywhere else.
However, the card lacks enough benefits to justify the $90 annual fee.
- Earn 60,000 Bonus Points After Spending $2,000 in the First 90 Days
- Up to 15,000 Anniversary Bonus Points
- Up to 5,000 Bonus Points When Adding Cardholders
- 3X Points Per Dollar on Virgin Atlantic Purchases
- 25 Tier Points Per $2,5000 in Purchases
- Companion Reward Certificate After Spending $25,000
- $90 Annual Fee
Virgin Atlantic Card Benefits
Potential 15,000 Points Anniversary Bonus– You can earn 7,500 points after spending $15,000 each account year, and an additional 7,500 points if you spend an additional $10,000 ($25,000 total).
Earn Elite Points– You can earn 25 tier points for every $2,500 in purchases, up to 50 tier points per month. The lowest elite level (Silver) requires 400 tier points.
Companion Reward Certificate– You can get a companion reward certificate for a Virgin Atlantic flight if you spend $25,000+ in a calendar year. This allows you to book a flight for a companion for free using miles for the same class of service. However, award flights on Virgin Atlantic incur high taxes and fees, which diminishes the value of this benefit especially for economy class awards.
No Foreign Transaction Fees– You can use your Virgin Atlantic credit card anywhere in the world without having to pay foreign transaction fees, which are typically 3%.