The U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card earns 2x points in your top two categories each month and has a very nice $750 cash bonus.
- Earn a $750 Cash Bonus After Spending $7,500 in the First 120 Days
- 2X Points in Your Top 2 Spending Categories
- 5X Points on Prepaid Hotels and Car Rentals Booked Directly in the Travel Rewards Center
- Rental Car Insurance, Lost Luggage Insurance, Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty
- $0 Intro Annual Fee the First Year, $95 Thereafter
Business Leverage Card Benefits
5% Cash Back on Hotel and Rental Cars Through U.S. Bank
The Business Leverage card earns 5% cash back on prepaid hotels and car rentals booked directly with U.S. Bank’s Travel Rewards Center.
2% Cash Back in Top Two Categories
The Business Leverage card earns 2% cash back in your top two spending categories each month.
The list of categories for 2% cash back is below. The biggest downside is the U.S. Bank has 48 categories, which makes it hard to earn a lot of points at the 2x level.
- Advertising Firms
- Apparel and accessory stores
- Auto rental and transport providers
- Automotive dealers
- Automotive parts stores
- Automotive repair shops
- Cable, satellite, TV, and radio providers
- Charitable, civic, and religious organizations
- Commercial and home furniture stores
- Commercial equipment, parts and supplies
- Computer service providers
- Computer stores
- Construction material suppliers
- Dental, lab, and medical equipment providers
- Department, book, and novelty stores
- Direct marketers
- Discount stores and wholesale clubs
- Drug stores and pharmacies
- Durable-goods providers
- Entertainment places
- Florist, nursery, and garden stores
- Freight and transport services
- Funeral homes and crematories
- Gas stations and fuel dealers
- Grocery stores and supermarkets
- Healthcare providers
- Home improvement service and supply
- Industrial suppliers
- Insurance providers
- Membership organizations
- Non-durable goods providers
- Non-medical testing labs
- Personal service providers
- Pet supply stores
- Plumbing and HVAC suppliers
- Postal and courier service providers
- Professional service providers
- Publishers and printers
- Schools and government
- Stationery and office-supply stores
- Telecom equipment suppliers
- Telecom service providers
- Utility companies
- Wholesale goods providers
1% Cash Back in For All Other Categories
The Business Leverage card earns 1% cash back on all other eligible spending.
Credit card extended warranty protection adds up to an additional year of coverage for eligible purchases on manufacturer’s warranties up to 3 years.
Coverage matches the protection provided by the original warranty so that damage or defect would have to be covered by the original warranty for extended warranty coverage.
The maximum coverage is $10,000 per item and $50,000 per cardholder.
For example, if you bought a TV with a manufacturer’s warranty of three years, then this card would extend the warranty for free to the fourth year.
Purchase protection can save you a lot of money if you bought an eligible item that is damaged or stolen within 90-days.
For example, if accidentally dropped your new phone or laptop and broke the screen, you could file a claim to get it replaced if it was purchased within the last 90 days.
Coverage for this benefit is limited to $10,000 per claim and up to $50,000 per cardholder.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
Lost luggage reimbursement covers the cost to repair or replace your luggage and the contents inside if your bag is lost or damaged during a covered trip.
You must purchase the trip with this card, and it will also cover immediate family members traveling with you.
Coverage is also secondary to any reimbursement from the airline or common carrier. For example, if your bag and its contents were worth $1,000 and the airline gave you $200, you could file a claim for $800.
Secondary Rental Car Insurance
Secondary rental car insurance covers any damage to a rental car not covered by your primary insurance when you pay for the rental using this card.
Other credit cards offer primary rental car insurance, which pays before your insurance and saves you the hassle of filing multiple insurance claims.
But there are situations where this secondary insurance becomes the primary insurance, including when renting a car outside the U.S. and your personal car insurance does not cover you in that country, or if you don’t have collision insurance.
You still need to maintain liability car insurance to cover damage to another person or property.
Visa Signature Benefits
This card also comes with Visa Signature benefits, which include:
Shipt– You can get groceries, household essentials, and other items delivery as soon as one hour with a free Shipt membership, which includes free same-day delivery on orders $35+.
Silvercar Discount– Visa Signature cardholders receive a 10% to 15% discount on car rentals with Silvercar, which rents only Audi vehicles.
Discounts at Avis and Budget– Book your next road trip with your Visa Signature card to receive up to 25% off base rates on qualifying rentals from Avis and Budget. Your card can also unlock complimentary upgrades (when available), waived Additional Driver Fee and 10% saving on XM Satellite radio during rental.
Sonoma County Wine Benefits– Visa Signature cardholders enjoy special benefits at more than 50 wineries including BOGO wine tasting, savings on wine purchases in tasting room, preferred pricing on non-wine purchases over $50, and $1 Ground Shipping on the purchase of 3 or more bottles.
Emergency Card Replacement– Visa can work with your bank to expedite the replacement of your card and ship it globally within 24 to 72 hours.
Emergency Cash Disbursement– In case of emergency, Visa can arrange a wire cash transfer to your local Western Union within 2 hours of approval from your bank.
NortonLifeLock: ID Navigator Powered by NortonLifeLock provides you with the tools to help keep you informed of potential threats to your identity so you can act quickly.
Skillshare Discount– Get a free three months access to thousands of courses with a Skillshare membership plus 20% off an annual membership.
Troon Golf Rewards– Your Visa Signature card entitles you to automatic Silver Status when you sign up for Troon Rewards, for 10% saving on golf fees, merchandise and lessons at over 150 golf courses across the United States and world.
Sofar Sounds– Cardholders receive unlimited access to the exclusive 7 day advance presale window for select Sofar shows, and one FREE ticket per show with purchase of one or more tickets.
Alternatives to the Business Leverage Card
Chase Ink Preferred
- Earn 100,000 Ultimate Rewards Points After Spending $15,000 in Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 3X Points on Travel, Shipping, Advertising (Social Media and Search Engines), Internet, Cable, and Phone on the First $150,000 Each Account Year
- 25% Additional Points Value in Travel Redemption
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Cell Phone Protection
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $95 Annual Fee
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is a versatile business rewards card earning 3x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on up to $150,000 in combined purchases per year in business categories, including shipping, online advertising, internet, phone, and travel.
This business card offers a lucrative bonus of 100,000 points worth $1,000 cash back or $1,250 when redeemed toward travel via Chase.
For $95 per year, the Chase Ink Business Preferred offers comprehensive protection, including trip cancellation insurance, trip delay insurance, primary rental car insurance, purchase protection, cell phone insurance, and extended warranty.
American Express Blue Business Plus
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards Points for $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 2 Points Per Dollar on the First $50,000 in Purchases Each Calendar Year (1x Points thereafter)
- 0.0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months. After that, a variable APR of 17.49% – 25.49%.
- No Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of my favorite cards because it has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in purchases every year. After that, you will earn 1 point on all other eligible purchases.
You can transfer Membership Rewards to 18 airlines and three hotel points programs, with several great sweet spots to travel in business class to anywhere in the world.
I put all of my everyday business spending on my Blue Business Plus because it is a quick way to rack up points for my next trip.