U.S. Bank will be launching the new Altitude Connect Visa Signature card sometime in the Summer of 2020. Below are the details of what we know about the upcoming card including 5x points on prepaid hotels and car rentals, and 4x points on travel and gas.
U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Card Information
Application Link: The Connect Card is expected to launch sometime in Summer 2020.
Current Sign Up Bonus: 50,000 points is the expected bonus at launch.
Recommended Bonus: At least 50,000 points.
Annual Fee: $95 annual fee, waived the first year.
- 5x points on prepaid hotels and car rentals when booked through Altitude Rewards Center.
- 4x points on travel.
- 4x points at gas stations.
- 2x points on dining, food delivery, and takeout.
- 2x points on groceries.
- 2x points on streaming services.
- 1x points everywhere else.
Redeeming Rewards: Points are worth 1.0 cent per point, so the 50,000 points sign up bonus is worth $500.
Altitude Connect Benefits
$30 Annual Streaming Credit: You can get a $30 steaming credit each year after paying with your Connect card for 11 consecutive calendar months of eligible streaming services. You can mix and match streaming services as long as you have a streaming charge each month.
- Eligible Services: Amazon Music, Apple Music, AT&T TV Now, Disney+, Google Music, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Sling TV, Spotify, Tidal, Vudu, YouTube Music, and YouTube TV.
Cell Phone Insurance– Your cell phone is protected up to $600 per claim with a $25 deductible when you pay your cell phone bill with the Connect Card.
Global Entry/PreCheck Credit– The Connect card will offer a credit towards Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check. I prefer Global Entry because it also includes TSA PreCheck.
No Foreign Transaction Fees– You can use your Altitude Go card anywhere in the world without having to pay a foreign transaction fee.