There are two options to transfer points to Delta Air Lines SkyMiles.
You can transfer American Express Membership Rewards at a rate of 1 to 1, which usually arrives instantly in your Delta SkyMiles account.
You can also transfer Marriott Bonvoy points at a ratio of 3 Marriott points to 1 Delta SkyMiles, and it takes about 2 days for the points to arrive.
You cannot transfer points to Delta SkyMiles from:
How to Transfer Points from Amex Membership Rewards
To transfer points from American Express Membership Rewards to an airline or hotel points program, you need to:
- Visit this American Express page.
- Log into your American Express account.
- Click “Show Details” for the airline or hotel program you want to transfer points to.
- If your account is not already linked, enter your airline or hotel points program loyalty ID.
- Enter the number of points you want to transfer.
- Click “Review Transfer.”
- Click “Submit Transfer.”
- You may be prompted to verify some security information before transferring.
- Wait until your points arrive into your airline or hotel account.
|Membership Rewards Transfer Partners [1 to 1]|
|Aer Lingus Avios||AeroMexico [1 to 1.6]|
|Air Canada Aeroplan||Air France/KLM Flying Blue|
|British Airways Avios||Cathay Pacific Asia Miles|
|Delta SkyMiles||El Al [1,000 to 20]|
|Hawaiian Airlines||Iberia Avios|
|JetBlue [250 to 200]||Qantas|
|Qatar Airways||Singapore KrisFlyer|
|Marriott Bonvoy||Hilton Honors [1 to 2]|
How to Transfer Points from Marriott Bonvoy
To transfer points from Marriott Bonvoy, follow these steps:
- Visit this Marriott Bonvoy page.
- Scroll down and click “Transfer Points.”
- Sign in to your Marriot Bonvoy account.
- Scroll down again and click “Transfer Points.”
- Choose your Frequent Flyer program and enter your frequent flyer number.
- Enter the number of points you want to transfer and click “Continue,” and then click “Convert.”
I recommend transferring in increments of 60,000 Marriott points because there is a 5,000 airline mile bonus when you transfer 60,000 Marriott points.
This 5,000 miles bonus does not apply to American Airlines AAdvantage, Avianca LifeMiles, Delta SkyMiles and Korean Air SKYPASS.
|Marriott Bonvoy Points Transfer Partners|
|Marriott points transfer at a rate of 3 Marriott points to 1 airline mile with a transfer bonus of 5,000 airline miles when you transfer 60,000 Marriott points.|
|Aegean Miles+Bonus||Aer Lingus AerClub|
|Aeromexico ClubPremier||Air Canada Aeroplan|
|Air China PhoenixMiles||Air France/KLM Flying Blue|
|Air New Zealand [200 to 1 Ratio]||Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan|
|American Airlines AAdvantage*||ANA Mileage Club|
|Asiana Airlines||Avianca Lifemiles*|
|British Airways Executive Club||Cathay Pacific Asia Miles|
|China Southern Airlines||Copa Airlines ConnectMiles|
|Delta SkyMiles*||Emirates Skywards|
|Etihad Guest||Frontier Miles|
|Hainan Airlines||Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles|
|Japan Airlines||Korean Air*|
|LATAM Airlines||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Qatar Airways Privilege Club||Saudia Alfursan|
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer||Southwest Rapid Rewards|
|TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go||Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus|
|Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles||United MileagePlus®|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||Virgin Australia|
|* Transfer Bonus Does Not Apply|