Spirit Airlines points expire 12 months after account inactivity, which can be extended by earning or redeeming at least one point.
Ways to Extend Your Spirit Points
There are several ways to reset the expiration on your Spirit Airlines points, including:
- Flying on Spirit Airlines.
- Holding the Bank of America Free Spirit Travel More Mastercard.
- Redeeming points on Spirit Airlines.
- Eating out to earn points.
- Online shopping through the Spirit portal.
- Booking car rentals at Avis, Hertz, or Payless.
- Booking a cruise.
- Buying Spirit points.
- Answering surveys.
Comparison of U.S. Airlines' Policies
Below is the points expiration policy for every major U.S. airline.