You can use your Wyndham Rewards points in a variety of ways including for hotels, vacation rentals, Caesars’ casinos, travel, gift cards, and even transferring to airlines.
We will cover in this post everything you need to know about redeeming your Wyndham Rewards points.
Use Wyndham Points for Hotel Stays
There are two ways to spend Wyndham Rewards points for hotel stays:
- Go Free, which you redeem points for your entire stay.
- Go Fast, which you redeem a combination of points and cash for your stay.
You can also redeem your Wyndham points at 30,000+ hotels, vacation club resorts, Caesars Hotels, and vacation homes.
Wyndham's "Go Free" Rewards
Wyndham divides their “go free” award chart into three levels:
|Level||Points Per Night|
|Level 1||7,500 Points|
|Level 2||15,000 Points|
|Level 3||30,000 Points|
Level 1 is typically their lower end hotel brands such as Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson and Microtel.
Level 2 is typically Wyndham’s mid-tier brands such as LaQuinta, Ramada, and Wyndham Garden hotels.
Level 3 is typically Wyndham’s higher end brands such as Trademark, Tryp, Esplendor, Dazzler, Dolce, and Wyndham Grand.
But below is how you can see exactly which hotels are at which points levels.
Hotels at Each Points Level
There are two ways to see which hotels are at which points levels.
The first way to check a hotel’s points level is to do a hotel search with your dates on Wyndham’s homepage and click the box “Special Rates” and check the “Use Wyndham Rewards points instead.”
You can then search by the three points levels. You can also search by region, brand, and amenities.
This award search could be helpful if you were looking, for example, for a pet friendly hotel with a pool in a certain location.
All Inclusive Resorts
One great way to use your Wyndham points is for Wyndham’s all inclusive resorts, which include:
- Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach (Dominican Republic)
- Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace (Dominican Republic)
- Viva Wyndham Tangerine (Dominican Republic)
- Viva Wyndham V Samaná (Dominican Republic)
- Viva Wyndham V Heavens (Dominican Republic)
- Viva Wyndham Maya (Mexico)
- Viva Wyndham Azteca (Mexico)
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach (Bahamas)
Go Free award nights include meals, beverages, and other resort amenities for up to two guests.
If you have more than two guests, you will have to pay additional fees by contacting Wyndham at 866-996-7937.
Cottages and Villas
You can also Wyndham points for thousands of cottages and villas in the U.K., France, Ireland, and Italy.
The cost is 15,000 points per bedroom, so this small one bedroom cottage in Ireland would cost 15,000 points per night.
But you can also rent a 25 bedroom mansion that retails for $24,000 per night with a private golf course, helicopter pad, casino room, three tennis courts, pool, and two fishing lakes.
One night there would be quite costly at 375,000 Wyndham points per night (25 bedrooms x 15,000 points).
But you could find more modest 3 bedroom homes for 45,000 per night that could likely house your entire family.
You can also book stays in Landal Greenparks, which are located across Europe, for 15,000 points per bedroom per night.
Landal Greenparks operates “holiday villages” (or resort towns) that offer a variety of activities from hiking, water sports, golfing, skiing, kids activities, and spa treatments.
Points and Cash ("Go Fast") Rewards
You can also use a combination of points and cash when booking a hotel, which Wyndham calls a “go fast” booking.
|Level 1||1,500 Points + Cash|
|Level 2||3,000 Points + Cash|
|Level 3||6,000 Points + Cash|
The cash co-pay is currently 70% of the non-discounted nightly rate.
In the example below for the New Yorker hotel, the “Best Available Rate, Flexible” was $189 per night.
Seventy (70%) of that rate is $132.30, which is the cash co-pay required for a go fast reward.
You still have to pay taxes and fees with go fast rewards.
In the example above, the total with taxes and fees would be $195.10 + 6,000 points due to New York city taxes and other facility fees.
Or $260.46 if you did an all cash booking.
In this example, the points value of your 6,000 points for a cash and points (go fast) booking would be 1.09 cents per point.
- Math: $260.96 – $195.10 = $65.36 / 6,000 points = 1.09 cents per point.
- Math: $260.96 / 30,000 points = 0.87 cents per point.
You should do the math each time to see which points option is a better deal. Sometimes the all points reward will be better and sometimes the cash + points will be a better deal.
Additionally, if you qualify for other discounts such as AAA or AARP, a points and cash award may be less valuable because the cash rate the points and cash award is based on the non-discounted rate.
Transfer Wyndham Points to Airlines
You can transfer Wyndham points to airline miles at a five (5) Wyndham Rewards points to one (1) airline mile.
The minimum transfer is 6,000 Wyndham points, which translates to 1,200 airline miles.
You can also transfer Wyndham Rewards points to Amtrak Guest Rewards at the same 5 to 1 ratio.
Convert Points to Caesars Rewards
You can convert your Wyndham Rewards points to Caesars Rewards credits at a one to one ratio.
Transfers must also be in increments of 10,000 Wyndham points.
Caesars Rewards Credits are worth:
- 1 cent per credit for dining, spa services, show tickets, and hotel stays. (e.g., a $100 meal would cost 10,000 credits or 10,000 Wyndham points).
- 0.5 cents per credit for free play, gift cards, and in-room movies.
Tours and Experiences
You can also use your Wyndham Rewards points for tours and experiences.
But the redemption rate is a very low 0.35 cents per point, so we don’t recommend you use your points for tours.
Flights and Rental Cars
You can also use your Wyndham points for flights and rental cars.
We found the redemption rate varied based on flights:
- A $210 flight cost 54,400 points (0.37 cents per point)
- A $115 flight cost (0.36 cents per point)
- A $49 flight cost 15,775 points (0.31 points)
Another option is to redeem Wyndham Rewards points for gift cards, but the rate is not that great.
Most gift cards at at the following reward rate:
- $25 gift card for 7,500 points (0.33 cents per point)
- $50 gift card for 14,000 points (0.36 cents per point).
- $100 gift card for 27,000 points (0.37 cents per point).
Online Shopping for Merchandise
You can also use Wyndham Rewards points for merchandise via their online store for electronics, home, kitchen, outdoor, sporting equipment, and fashion.
Most items are between 0.2 and 0.3 cents per point.
A few examples we found were:
- Apple iPad Pro for 416,437 points (0.3 cents per mount based on $1,249 MSRP).
- Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler for 65,880 points (0.3 cents per point based on $200 MSRP).
- TaylorMade SIM Max Golf Driver for 156,889 points (0.32 cents per point based on $500 MSRP).
- Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses for 60,980 points (0.23 cents per point based on $144 MSRP).
There are several good ways to use Wyndham Rewards points, but the best ways are redeeming points for hotel or vacation rental stays using a “go free” or “go fast” (points and cash) award.