Qantas points expire 18 months from account inactivity, which can be extended every time you earn and redeem at least one point.
However, the transfer of points between family members or from Qantas Business Rewards do not reset the clock.
Ways to Extend Qantas Points
There are several ways to reset the points expiration clock, including:
- Flying on Qantas.
- Flying on a OneWorld or partner airline and crediting it to Qantas.
- Redeeming Qantas Points for a flight on Qantas or partner airline.
- Earning or using Qantas points with a hotel partner.
- Using points at the Qantas Rewards Store.
- Buying wine.
- Converting Everyday Rewards points earned at Woolworths, BWS, BIG W, and participating Caltex and Caltex Woolworths/EG fuel outlets to Qantas.
- Download the Qantas Wellbeing app (Apple / Android).
Comparison of Mileage Expiration Policies
Below are the airline mileage expiration policies for the major points programs to see how Qantas compares the competition.
|Air Canada (Aeroplan)||18 months after inactivity|
|Air France (Flying Blue)||24 months after inactivity|
|Alaska Airlines||24 months after inactivity|
|American Airlines||18 months after inactivity|
|Asiana Airlines||10 years|
|British Airways||36 months after inactivity|
|Delta Air Lines||Never|
|Etihad||24 months from inactivity|
|Iberia||36 months after inactivity|
|Qantas||18 months after inactivity|
|Qatar Airways||36 months after inactivity|
|Singapore Airlines||36 months|