Wi-Fi is free at almost every Marriott hotel as long as you (1) are a member of their Bonvoy loyalty program, which is free to join; and (2) book directly with Marriott either through their website, mobile app, by phone, or directly with the hotel.
Generally, you are not eligible for free internet if you book with a third party website such as TripAdvisor, Priceline, Expedia, etc.
However, there are a few exceptions to the direct booking rule:
- Gold, Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador elite members are eligible for “enhanced internet” regardless of their booking method.
- Internet is free for all guests at the following Marriott brands: EDITION, Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, Vistana properties, Courtyard, Four Points, SpringHill Suites, Protea Hotels, Fairfield by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites and Element.
- Atlantis in the Bahamas and The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas only offers free internet to Gold, Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador elite members.
- Only some Delta Hotels offer free internet.
- ExecuStay and hotels that don’t participate in Loyalty program don’t offer free internet.
Connecting to Marriott's WiFi
Connecting to Marriott’s WiFi is fairly easy.
- Open your device’s WiFi settings and connect to hotel’s wi-fi network. It is likely called something like “Courtyard_Guest” or Marriott Hotels or Marriott Bonvoy.
- Launch your internet browser and try to load any website. If it does not automatically redirect to the hotel’s sign-in page, you can visit the following URL MarriottWifi.com to get to the sign-in page.
- Fill your information, which is typically your last name and room number.
Upgrading to Marriott Enhanced Internet
You can upgrade from Marriott’s free internet to Marriott’s enhanced and faster internet by connecting the Marriott guest network and clicking this link.
Upgrading the internet may be necessary if you plan to stream video or download large files during your stay.
The price to upgrade to the enhanced internet will depend on the hotel you are staying at, but on average it costs $5-10 per day.
But you can get enhanced internet for free if you are a Gold, Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador elite member.