JetBlue revamped its elite program from 2022 by temporarily introducing a new elite level Mosaic+, in addition to its Mosaic elite level.
Mosaic gets you two free checked bags, waived change and cancellation fees, benefits on American Airlines, free Even More Space seats, and free alcoholic drinks.
Mosaic+ gets all of those benefits plus four free upgrades to JetBlue’s lie-flat Mint business class.
How to Earn JetBlue Mosaic
You can earn JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic status by either:
- Earning 15,000 Mosaic Qualifying Points within a calendar year OR
- Fly 30 segments plus earn 12,000 Mosaic Qualifying Points OR
- Spending $50,000 in a calendar year on either the JetBlue Plus Card or JetBlue Business Card.
JetBlue Mosaic Benefits
JetBlue Mosaic comes with some nice benefits, including extra points, free checked bags, waived change fees, and free alcoholic drinks.
Three Extra Points Per Dollar
Mosaic members earn an extra 3 points per dollar on JetBlue flights.
Upon qualifying for Mosaic status, you will receive 15,000 TrueBlue points.
These bonus points are not applicable if you earned status via JetBlue credit cards.
Free Even More Space Seats
JetBlue added effectively the free option to choose Even More Space (extra-legroom) seats as a Mosaic elite member.
Mosaic members can book Even More Space seats for 200 TrueBlue points, and JetBlue will refund the 200 TrueBlue points after the flight.
Two Free Checked Bags
Mosaic members receive two free checked bags for you and your travel companions on the same reservation.
The normal fee to check bags is $35 for the first bag and $45 for the second bag, so this benefit can save up to $160 per person for a round-trip flight.
Waived Change and Cancellation Fees
Mosaic members can change or cancel flights without a fee, which is normally up to $200.
This benefit does not apply to Blue Basic (Basic Economy) tickets, which cannot be changed or canceled.
Free Alcoholic Beverages
Mosaic members board early in the second group in the boarding process.
The JetBlue boarding process is:
- Pre-Boarding for customers with disabilities
- Mosaic and Mint® customers
- Even More® Space customers (Group A)
- Courtesy Boarding for active military personnel and customers traveling with small children
- Group B
- Group C
- Group D
- Group E
- All remaining customers
Elite Benefits on American Airlines
Mosaic status also gets you special benefits on American Airlines flights including a dedicated check-in, expedited security, priority boarding and up to 2 free checked bags on American-operated flights when you book on jetblue.com and enter your TrueBlue number.
Special Customer Service Line
Elite members get the fastest access to customer service representatives by calling the Mosaic elite phone number at 1-877-538-8783.
Mosaic members receive a FoundersCard membership, worth $395 per year.
FoundersCard gets you access to special perks such as Hilton Gold elite status, an elite challenge on American Airlines, Avis Preferred elite status, and Caesars Diamond Elite status.
FoundersCard also gets you access to special discounts on airlines, Dell, Namecheap, Stripe, AT&T, UPS, and about 30-50 other retailers.
Upgrades on London-Heathrow Express Train
Mosaic members receive a complimentary upgrade to Business First on the 15-minute Heathrow Express train between London-Heathrow and Paddington Station.
To access the benefit, just book a train ticket and show a Heathrow Express staff member your JetBlue boarding pass with MOSAIC written on it or the Mosaic Logo upon boarding the train.
This benefit also applies travel companions on same reservation, but can be subject to availability of the train.
The benefits of the Business First on the Heathrow Express are additional legroom, less crowded, free newspapers, and spacious worktables.
JetBlue temporarily added the elite tier Mosaic+ for 2022, which gets members access to Mint upgrades.
JetBlue is strangely advertising the Mosaic+ tier as only for the 2022 elite year, which will effectively disappear in 2023.
I predict that JetBlue added Mosaic+ to see if a higher elite tier could steal valuable elite members from other airlines such as Delta and United, which offer free upgrades to their elite members, even on lie-flat business class routes such as New York to Los Angeles.
How to Earn Mosaic+ Status
Mosaic+ members get all of the benefits of Mosaic, plus the two benefits below.
Mosaic+ members earn four Mint upgrade certificates upon earning Mosaic+ status.
The biggest catch to these certificates is that you must use them in 2022, so if you earn Mosaic+ status in November 2022, you have a very short window to utilize this benefit.
There are also several rules for the free upgrades to Mint:
- All Mint destinations, except London, are eligible.
- Tickets must be booked at least 96 hours before departure, and all fares qualify even Blue Basic.
- Upgrade priority is based on when the ticket was booked.
- Upgrades will clear 24 hours before departure. If the upgrade does not clear, there is no waitlist or additional opportunity to upgrade.
- Upgrades are automatic as long as the Mosaic+ member has certificates in his or her account. If you don’t want to be upgraded, then you have to contact JetBlue.
- Upgrade certificates cannot be transferred or gifted to another person.
- Upgrade certificates can be used for up to one travel companion on the same reservation. Either both travelers will be moved to Mint, or none. Reservations cannot be split. Bookings with two or more travel companions will not be accommodated.
- Not valid for Mint Studio seats (the bulkhead seat on some Mint flights).
- Each certificate may be redeemed for one traveler, one segment. Connecting flights require a certificate for each eligible segment.
- Certificate will be returned in the event of a flight or reservation cancellation.
- If customer is moved to Mint but doesn’t show up for their flight, the certificate will be forfeited.
Mosaic+ members will also receive a FoundersCard Elite membership.
Once you qualify for Mosaic+, you will receive an email with an enrollment link, and after registration the benefit will be valid for 12 months.
FoundersCard Elite ordinarily costs $595 the first year, and $995 in subsequent years.
JetBlue Status Match
JetBlue is currently not offering elite status matches. The last status match promotion was in 2017, so it would be great if it returned.
The following elite status levels qualified for Mosaic status for the last promotion:
JetBlue Mosaic is not one of my favorite airline elite program because of the lack of upgrades to first class like almost every other airlines.
JetBlue is now trying to compete by adding Mosaic+, but with upgrade certificates only valid for 2022 flights, this great benefit is very limited.