IHG One Platinum Elite is the second highest tier in IHG’s elite status program. Platinum Elite members get nice benefits such as complimentary upgrades, welcome amenities, extra points, and more.
This guide will cover everything you need to know about IHG Platinum Elite status including all of its benefits and how to earn the elite status.
How to Earn IHG One Elite Status
To earn IHG One Rewards elite status you need to earn a certain number of Qualified Nights or Qualified Points:
- Silver Elite = 10 Nights.
- Gold Elite = 20 Nights or 40,000 Points.
- Platinum Elite = 40 Nights or 60,000 Points.
- Diamond Elite = 70 Nights or 120,000 Points.
When you use your points for a reward night, that adds to your “Qualifying Nights.” Additionally, these activities count towards “Qualifying Points”:
- Paying qualifying rates for hotel stays.
- Spending on Hertz car rentals, OpenTable reservations, Grubhub orders and Viator experiences.
- Purchasing an IHG One Rewards bonus points package.
- Qualifying spending through IHG Business Rewards,
- Purchases on IHG One Rewards credit cards issued in the U.K. and Greater China. (spending on your US credit card does not count).
There are also several other easier ways to earn IHG elite status:
- card_name (review) and card_name (review): Enjoy automatic IHG Platinum Elite Status as a cardmember and you can earn Diamond Elite status through the end of the following year each calendar year you make purchases totaling $40,000 or more with your card.
- card_name (review) = Enjoy IHG Platinum Elite status as the primary cardholder on the United Club card in addition to many benefits on United Airlines.
- card_name (review) = Enjoy automatic IHG Silver Elite status as a cardmember, and you can earn Gold Elite status through the end of the following year each calendar year you make purchases totaling $20,000 or more with your card.
Plus, an exclusive benefit of the IHG Rewards credit cards is a fourth night free when you use your points for a reward stay.
IHG One Platinum Elite Status Benefits
IHG Platinum Elite members enjoy the following benefits:
60% Points Bonus: IHG Platinum Elite members earn a 60% bonus on points, which equals 16x points per dollar at most hotels (8x points at Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites).
Complimentary Upgrades: Platinum Elite members receive free upgrades when available at participating brands. Upgrades may include suites, rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views.
Welcome Amenity: Upon check-in, Platinum Elite members receive a welcome amenity, typically extra points, snacks, or a drink.
Milestone Rewards: Elite members can earn extra benefits as Milestone Rewards for every 10 nights they stay each year, from 20 to 100 nights. These rewards include extra points (5,000 or 10,000 points), confirmable suite upgrades, annual lounge membership, or food and beverage credits.
Reward Night Discount: IHG Platinum and Diamond members get access to discounts when redeeming points at participating hotels. However, currently, the discounts are pretty limited.
Priority Check-In: IHG Elite members can check in at participating hotels’ dedicated elite check-in areas.
Early Check-In: IHG Platinum and Diamond members can request early check-in prior to the standard 3:00 pm check-in.
Late-Checkout: IHG Elite members can request a late checkout up to 2:00 p.m.
Guaranteed Room Availability: IHG Platinum and Diamond elite members are guaranteed a room will be available when you book at least 72 hours in advance. However, it does not apply during special events that result in extraordinary demand.
Rollover Nights: If you earn elite status via nights (instead of easily via credit cards), any nights over the 40 nights required will rollover to get you a headstart on next year’s elite status.
Other Benefits: Free internet and IHG points don’t expire for elite members.