Iberia Avios expire 36 months after account inactivity, which can be extended every time you earn or redeem at least one Avio.
Ways to Extend Your Avios
There are many ways to earn Iberia Avios, including:
- Flights on Iberia.
- Flights on OneWorld and other partner airlines credited to Iberia.
- Spending on the Chase Iberia credit card.
- Transfers from American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, or Marriot Bonvoy.
- Booking a hotel.
- Booking a rental car.
You can also reset your expiration date by redeeming Iberia Avios, including:
- Flights on Iberia and their partner airlines.
- Upgrading a flight using Avios.
- Using a combination of Avios and Money.
- Booking a hotel or rental car with Avios.
However, it is important to note that transfers from British Airways or Aer Lingus will not reset the expiration clock.