Home Depot regularly runs an 11% rebate promotion for in-store purchases, which match the same dates of when Menards runs a similar deal.
This promotion can save you a ton of money on your home and lawn projects.
The current promotion runs from September 27 to October 24, 2020.
In this post, we will cover what states are eligible, how to submit your claim, and other fine print you should know about.
States Where the 11% Rebate is Valid
Home Depot only runs the 11% rebate promotion in cities and states where Menards stores are located. These states are:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
You should double-check that your local store is participating.
Not all stores in a state participate. Typically, the rebate is only valid in cities where Home Depot competes with Menards.
For example, the rebate is not valid in the Lexington, Kentucky stores, but it is valid in the Louisville, Kentucky stores.
Home Depot excludes Weber, John Deere, gift cards, and over 1,100 pages of products from the 11% rebate.
If you are considering a large purchase, I suggest you (1) visit HomeDepot.com, (2) search your product, (3) find the Store SKU #, and (4) use Ctrl + F and then the number to see if it is included in the excluded products.
Submitting Your Claim
Just enter in your purchase date and click continue.
You will then be asked for your receipt number, your purchase date (again), and your total receipt amount paid.
In the final screen, you will enter your mailing address and email address. Home Depot will then send you a gift card for 11% of your purchase in 3-6 weeks.
Select SKUs are excluded including Weber, John Deere, gift cards, and many others. Home Depot offers an 1,100 page list of SKUs not eligible for the rebate.
Promotion Fine Print:
- Requires valid receipt
- Rebate form must be postmarked/submitted within 30 days of purchase.
- Only in-store purchases are eligible for rebate (i.e. online purchases don’t qualify).
- Credit comes in the form of a Home Depot gift card
- Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the gift card
- Not valid for special order merchandise
Best Credit Cards for Home Depot
There are several great credit cards to maximize your rewards at Home Depot including:
- US Bank Altitude Reserve (3x points or 4.5% cash back towards travel when using your mobile wallet at Home Depot).
- American Express Blue Business Plus (2x points).
- Bank of America Cash Rewards (3% cash back on the category of your choice including home improvement stores)
- Citi Double Cash (2% cash back or 2x points).
- Chase Ink Business Cash (5% cash back at office supply stores, which carry Home Depot gift cards).
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can combine any other coupons or promotions and still get an 11% rebate.
No. Gift cards are excluded from 11% rebate.
No. All purchases must be in-store for Home Depot's 11% rebate.