Priority Pass offers you access to over 1,200 lounges worldwide. Many airports don’t have lounges, so Priority Pass has partnered with airport restaurants to offer you $28-30 off your restaurant bill per person.
Check the Fine Print- You should check the terms and conditions of each restaurant before you visit. Some restaurants:
- Only allow you to use your Priority Pass during certain hours (e.g., Jerry Remy’s in Boston only allows Priority Pass between 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., despite being open from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.)
- Don’t allow takeout orders (Most do not allow take-out orders, but if the terms and conditions don’t state that you can’t, you could always ask the restaurant)
- Limit the number of guests allowed to one guest, even if your Priority Pass allows for two.
- Require a departure boarding pass (some allow you to grab a meal when you land as long as you still have your boarding pass from that day)
Always Tip- You do need to remember to always tip on the pre-discount amount of your bill. Working as a server at an airport is very hard work, so don’t stiff your server if they provided you good service. If your Priority Pass covers your entire meal, you can always ask the server to run your credit card for 1 cent and then include a tip or use cash.
American Express Not Included- If you have a Priority Pass from an American Express credit card, you will no longer be able to use your Priority Pass at Priority Pass restaurants. So if you have multiple Priority Pass cards, be sure to mark them.
Additional Guests- You can use multiple Priority Pass memberships to cover additional guests over the limit. For example, if you had Priority Pass membership from the American Express Platinum and the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or if another member in your group also had Priority Pass. You should still inform your server or the hostess at the beginning that you plan on using multiple Priority Pass cards. Some restaurants may have a policy of only one discount per table, which is a dumb policy considering the fact that you could ask for two tables side by side and utilize two discounts. Most restaurants would likely just split the checks so that you could use your multiple Priority Passes cards.
Time Limits- You can use your Priority Pass at the same restaurant every 2 hours. But there is no time limit between different restaurants or lounges. For example, in Portland’s Terminal C, there are three Priority Pass options. Within a single two hour period, you could relax in the Alaska Lounge, grab food at Capers Cafe, and finish it off with a whiskey tasting at House Spirits Distillery.
- Some recent data points have indicated that some restaurants enforce a 24-hour or calendar day rule on return visits. So either verify with the restaurant or use a second Priority Pass card if you need to return to the restaurant on the same day.
Airside vs. Landside- The fine print of each location may say Airside or Landside. Airside means after security and landside means before security.
Credit Cards That Offer Priority Pass
|Card||Annual Fee||Annual Travel Credit||Priority Pass & (Number of Guests you can bring with you)|
|Chase Ritz Carlton (no longer available)||$450||$300||Yes (Unlimited Guests)|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||$450||$300||Yes (Unlimited Guests; only two after 8/26/18)|
|Citi Prestige||$450||$250||Yes (free for immediate family or two guests)|
|CNB Crystal Visa Infinite||$400||$250||Yes (unlimited)|
|US Bank Altitude Reserve||$400||$325||Yes (only four passes plus four guest passes)|
Priority Pass Restaurant Locations
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
Houston Intercontinental (IAH)
- Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar
- Landry’s Seafood
Los Angeles (LAX)
- P.F. Chang’s ($30 per guest)
- Rock & Brews
- Point the Way Cafe
- Air Margaritaville
- Corona Beach ($30 per guest)
Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
New York Kennedy (JFK)
- Capers Cafe Le Bar
- House Spirits Distillery ($28 in liquor)
St. Louis (STL)
- The Pasta House (Terminal 1)
- The Pasta House & Schlafly Beer (Terminal 2)
San Francisco (SFO)
- San Francisco Giants Clubhouse
- Yankee Pier