Price Protection protects you against price drops on products you buy within a certain timeframe. Some cards even allow you to buy a Black Friday doorbuster in advance, then get matched to the Black Friday price without having to camp out.
This can be very valuable if you shop online frequently and track prices after you bought items. There is some work with tracking prices, so I would probably only advise tracking prices above $75 since the claim process can take time and not automatic. Additionally, be sure to read each card’s fine print because some things are excluded such as perishables, jewelry, vehicles, etc. Lastly, the item you bought and product at the lower price must be identical.
No Price Protection: American Express, Bank of America, Chase (except IHG cards due to Mastercard price protection), Discover, and U.S. Bank.
- Citi will drop their price protection (Citi Rewind) on September 22, 2019.
Offers Price Protection
- Cards: Wells Fargo Visa Signature
- Details: 60 days, $250 per claim and maximum of $1,000 per year. (Fine Print)
- Claims Process: 800-553-7520
- Cards: Offers on some Mastercards and some Visa cards (protection depends on the card, so call to verify)
- Details: 60-120 days, $250 per year, and a maximum of $1,000 per year.
- Claims Process: 1-800-553-7520
- Cards: All Cards.
- Details: 120 days, $250 per claim, and up to $1,000 per year. Internet ads are covered, but not internet auction sites.
- Claims Process: 1-866-200-9866
- Fine Print
Capital One- $250 per claim, $1000 per year, and you have coverage for 60-120 days depending on the card. (Fine Print)
Addendum (Fine Print)
You do the shopping. We’ll search for savings. Did you get the lowest price on your Citi card purchase?
Citi Price Rewind searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial
purchase date, you may receive reimbursement of the price difference. You can also let us know if you find a lower price to qualify for a reimbursement of the price difference.
To be eligible for coverage, you must pay for the item at least in part with your Citi card. We will only reimburse the lesser of the actual amount paid for with your Citi card or the maximum coverage per item.
|How Long are you Covered?||Within 60 days from the date of purchase|
|Maximum Coverage per item||Coverage is limited to the lesser of the following:|
■ The amount charged to the Citi card.
|Maximum Coverage per calendar year per account||$1,000|
Citi Price Rewind tracks online prices for purchases you have registered at www.CitiPriceRewind.com. It does not guarantee that it tracks all retailers or that it will find the lowest published price. If you find a lower published price yourself, you can request reimbursement of the price difference.
The following conditions also apply:
- The lower-priced item must be the same as the one you purchased (including the same manufacturer, model number and color, if applicable).
- The lower price must be published on an online retail site or in a printed or online newspaper, magazine, store circular or catalog. Including special promotions such as Black Friday or doorbuster sales.
- The price comparison must be based only on sale price, not including taxes, shipping and handling, delivery costs, warranties or any other charges.
> WHAT’S COVERED
Purchases made by you on your Citi card.
> WHAT’S NOT COVERED
Coverage doesn’t apply to the following items:
- Boats, cars, aircraft, or any other motorized land, air or water vehicles and their original equipment. Tires are cover
- Products that can spoil or be consumed, such as food, fuel, or medications.
- Jewelry including loose gems, precious stones, metals and pearls. Watches are cover
- Tickets of any kind (g., for airlines, sporting events, concerts or lottery).
- Collectable items; including but not limited to, antiques, coins, art, sports memorabilia or stamps.
- Items purchased for resale us
- Plants or animals, including stuffed or mounted animals or
- Advice or services for a purchased item, such as product installation, labor, maintenance or repair.
Coverage doesn’t apply under these specific circumstances:
- The lower-priced item requires a service contract, such as cell phones with a service contract.
- The lower-priced item is offered at no cost, or the lower price includes a bonus, free offer, special financing or a rebate
- The lower priced item is a going-out-of-business sale item or from an internet auction site
- The item is used, customized, altered, refurbished or sec
> HOW TO INITIATE A REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST
Go to www.CitiPriceRewind.com or call 1-866-918-4670 for instructions on how to submit a reimbursement request.