Escape Lounges are a good way to relax and grab a drink and food before your flight. There are currently 14 Escape Lounges worldwide.
You can access Escape Lounges for free with two guests with the American Express Platinum card. If you don’t have a Platinum card, you can buy access for in advance for $40 (£25) or $45 (£30) per person (kids under 2 admitted for free).
Escape Lounges are slightly better versions of the U.S. Airline Lounges (United Club, Delta Sky Club, and American Airlines’ Admirals Club), but not as luxurious as the American Express Centurion Lounges.
Escape Lounges offer a nice selection of free alcoholic drinks with the ability to pay $5-8 for premium drinks.
The food at Escape Lounges is what makes it better than the U.S. Airline Lounges. Escape Lounges typically have a fairly diverse selection of food options that you could piece together for a full meal.
The one major disadvantage to Escape Lounges is their size. They are very small compared with the U.S. Airline Lounges and the Centurion Lounges. When I visited the Hartford Escape Lounge, there was a 5-minute wait list due to the lounge being at capacity.
Escape Lounge Locations in the United States
- Concourse B near Gate B21.
- Daily 5:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Greenville- Spartanburg (GSP)
- Concourse B (After the Security Checkpoint, turn right and proceed to the lounge entrance.)
- Daily: 5:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Main Terminal; Near Gate 18
- Daily: 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Terminal 2, Between Gates 209 and 210
- Daily: 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.; 3:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Terminal 4, Between Gate 409 and 410
- Daily 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Terminal A near Gate A10.
- 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Terminal B, immediately after Security Checkpoint, on the left side.
- 4:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Escape Lounge Locations in the U.K.
East Midlands (EMA)
- Main Terminal; Near Gate 17
- Hours and Reviews
- Main Departure Area
- Daily: 4:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Terminal 1
- Proceed to Duty Free Area, follow the “Premium Lounges” sign along the walkway past Dixons and take the stairs or lift to the Executive Lounge Level.
- Daily: 4:30 am. to 8:30 p.m.
- Terminal 2
- Proceed through the Duty Free Area and turn left, take the stairs opposite Gate 209 up to the entrance.
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 4:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Sunday and Wednesday 4:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; Thursday 4:30 to 10:00 p.m.
- Terminal 3
- After security, turn right toward the shops, turn left past Dixons and take the lift or stairs on the left side to Level 3, located before the main Duty-Free Shops, adjacent to the British Airways Lounge.
- Sunday to Friday 4:15 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday 4:15 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.