Flying on Virgin Atlantic and Partners
Flying on Virgin Atlantic– You can see the earning table on their website. Atlanta to London would earn 4,218 points for “lowest” economy and 8,436 points for “low” economy.
Airline Partners: You can earn Virgin Atlantic points flying Delta, Singapore, Air New Zeland, Virgin Australia, South African, ANA, Jet Airways, Air China, Hawaiian, and SAS.
Points Transfer Partners
Virgin Atlantic is a 1 to 1 transfer partner with American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou. You can also transfer from Marriott at a 3 (Marriott) to 1 airline point transfer ratio. You can also get an additional 5,000 airline points bonus if you transfer in increments of 60,000 Marriott points. (e.g., 60,000 Marriott points become 25,000 airline points, whereas if you only transfer 59,000 Marriott points, you would only get 19,667 airline points).
- Hilton (10 to 1.5)
- Hyatt (5 to 3)
- IHG (5 to 1)
Hotel + Points: You can also book Marriott’s Flights and Nights package. For 330,000 Marriott points, you get seven nights at Category 1-4 Marriott and 100,000 Virgin Atlantic points.
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card
- Target Bonus: 70,000
- Current Bonus: 50,000
Annual Fee: $90
Earning Virgin Atlantic Points
- 3x points on Virgin Atlantic purchases
- 1.5x points on all other purchases
Credit Card Benefits
- Anniversary bonus of 7,500 miles if you spend $15,000; you can earn an additional 7,500 miles if you spend $25,000 in total in a year
- Companion Award if you spend $25,000 annually (must be in the same cabin when you redeem Flying Club miles for Virgin Atlantic reward ticket)
- 90-day purchase protection.
- Spend at least $25,000 on purchases in a year and redeem the necessary miles for a Virgin Atlantic Economy reward ticket and get a companion reward ticket for half the miles.
- Virgin Atlantic charges high fuel surcharges when you redeem points on their own flights. So this benefit is worthless. It is always best to use Virgin Atlantic points on their partners.
- Travel Accident Insurance (if you die or are dismembered during travel, you can get up to $500,000)
- Extended Warranty – Doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty (of one year or less) for up to one additional year on most items purchased with your card