Earning Points from Hotel Stays
The customizable chart below will show you the value of points you will receive in return for your hotel stay. Click on the light blue squares to customize and the status levels to sort from high to low. If you want to compare all of the hotel programs, we have a comparison chart.
You can also earn and use points with Small Luxury Hotels of the World (must book via Hyatt.com; 500 hotels).
Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Target Bonus: 60,000 points
- Current Bonus: 2 free nights at a category 1-7 + $50 statement credit; Alternatively, you could get the 50,000 Hyatt point bonus. A category 7 hotel stay costs 30,000 points and a category 6 hotel stay costs 25,000 points.
- Subject to Chase’s 5/24 Rule, so don’t apply if you will automatically be denied if you have opened up more than 5 cards in the past 24 months.
Annual Fee: $95
Earning Hyatt Points
4x at Hyatt; 2x at restaurants, airfare directly with the airline, local transit/commuting (taxis/Uber/Lyft), and fitness/gym memberships; and 1x everywhere else.
Hyatt Card Benefits
- 1 free night every anniversary at Category 1-4 (plus an additional if you spend $15,000 a cardmember year)
- Hyatt Discoverist elite status
- 5 elite night credits (additional 2 credits for every $5,000 per cardmember year)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Trip cancellation insurance
- 120-day purchase protection.
Verdict: The Hyatt Card is a good card to keep and use for everyday spending due to Hyatt’s high point value. Additionally, the annual fee is justified by the free annual night at category 1-4 hotel plus Hyatt Discoverist Status.
Other Ways to Earn Hyatt Points
Transfer Partners to Hyatt
- Chase Ultimate Rewards (1 to 1). Transferring to Hyatt is one of the best ways to redeem your Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Hyatt Points Promotions
You can earn 500 Hyatt points when you rent with Avis, use code K817700, and associate your Hyatt account.
You can earn 10 base points per dollar spent at participating Exhale Spa locations after you link your accounts. there is also an elite bonus of 10% for Discoverist, 20% for Explorist, and for 30% Globalist. Additionally, Hyatt credit card members earn 3x points and World of Hyatt credit card members earn 4x points at participating Exhale locations.
- Participating Locations: Atlanta; Atlantic City; Back Bay; Bal Harbour; Battery Wharf; Bridgehampton; Central Park South; Chicago; Dallas; Downtown Miami; Gramercy; Flatiron; Meatpacking; Santa Monica; South Beach; Stamford; Turks & Caicos; Upper East Side.
Hosting an Event
- You can receive one point per dollar spent on a qualifying meeting or event at Hyatt.