A. Best Option (Airline Transfer Partners)
You can transfer 1 Thank You Point to 1 Airline Point on the following airlines:
- Air France/KLM
- Cathay Pacific
- Garuda Indonesia
- Virgin Atlantic.
Alternatively, you could also transfer to: Hilton (100 TYP: 150 Hilton) and Sears Shop Your Way (1 TYP: 12 SYW).
- Avianca/LifeMiles– Does not pass on fuel surcharges, which makes it a great program to use on high fuel surcharge Star Alliance partners such as Lufthansa, SWISS, and Austrian.
- Air France/KLM– Air France has a variable pricing system, so be sure to calculate your potential award before transferring. Air France does regularly offer award promotions, which can be a great deal if you can travel during those dates to those destinations.
- Cathay Pacific– Cathay devalued their points program in 2018, but there are still some great deals using their OneWorld distance based chart.
- Singapore– Singapore releases the majority of their own award space to their members. Singapore can also be valuable when flying on Alaska Airlines.
- Virgin Atlantic– Virgin has some great specific redemptions such as flights to Tokyo on ANA, flights from D.C. to Sengal on South African, flights to New Zealand if you can find award space, or flights on Delta.
- Instant: Air France and JetBlue
- Within 24 hours: Hilton
- 1-2 Days: Cathay Pacific, EVA, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysia, Qantas, Qatar, Singapore, Turkish, and Virgin Atlantic
- 3-6 days: Etihad and Thai
B. Decent Options
Booking Travel with Citi Travel Center: If you have a Citi Prestige card, you can book flights through the travel center at 1.33 cents. If you have the Citi Premier card, you can book flights through the travel center at 1.25 cents.
C. Bad Options
Pay Mortgage or Student Loans: You can cash out at 1 cent per point with this method. Just call 1-866-908-8778 and ask for them to send you a check.
Statement Credit: You can only redeem at 0.5 cents per point.
Gift Cards: You can only redeem at most 1 cent per point. Some gift cards are only around 0.66 cents per point.
Shopping Portal: Most of the items are only 0.6-1.0 cent per point.
“Pay With Points”– Allows you to apply your points directly at checkout for 0.8 cents each.