Good Thing about Cathay Pacific/Asia Miles
Amazing First Class- Cathay Pacific has one of the best first class products in the world. The seat is so wide that it looks like a throne. The food, drink, and service are top-notch as well. You can book Cathay Pacific’s First Class for a very reasonable price using Alaska Airlines points.
Hong Kong Airport is one of the best airports to fly out of or through. Cathay Pacific has several amazing lounges throughout the airport with private cabanas, massages, and great food. If you aren’t flying business or first, you can access the Centurion lounge or several Priority Pass lounges with several credit cards.
Good Round the World Award– You can fly up to 50,000 miles with five stopovers in business class round the world for only 240,000 points or less.
Bad Things about Cathay Pacific/Asia Miles
Complicated Award Rules- Asia Miles has several different award charts and certain partners can be used for one chart but can’t be used for others. To figure it out, check our Using Points page.
Cathay Pacific Information
Hub: Hong Kong (HKG)
North American Routes to Hong Kong (HKG): Boston, Chicago, New York (EWR and JFK), Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, and Vancouver. (Cathay also operates flight between New York and Vancouver)
Seat Maps by Plane: SeatGuru
Phone Number: 1-866-892-2598
Points Expiration: 36 months. There is no way to extend them.
More Information: Wikipedia Page
Cathay Pacific is updated their dining on long-haul routes from bringing meals on a cart to a more restaurant like experience with expanded food options. Below is the schedule for the roll out.
- July 2018 — Chicago (ORD)
- August 2018 — London (LGW)
- September 2018 — Frankfurt (FRA), Manchester (MAN), Washington, DC (IAD)
- October 2018 — Amsterdam (AMS), Johannesburg (JNB), Paris (CDG)
- November 2018 — Barcelona (BCN), Brussels (BRU), Madrid (MAD)
- December 2018 — London (LHR)
- January 2019 — Boston (BOS), Newark (EWR)
- February 2019 — Auckland (AKL), Dublin (DUB), Milan (MXP), Rome (FCO), Sydney (SYD)
- March 2019 — Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Tel Aviv (TLV)
- April 2019 — New York (JFK), Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR)
- May 2019 — Adelaide (ADL), Brisbane (BNE), Cairns (CNS), Melbourne (MEL), Perth (PER)
- June 2019 — Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DXB), Male (MLE), Zurich (ZRH)