Escape Lounges are a great way to relax before your flight. They aren’t as fancy as the American Express Centurion Lounges, but Escape Lounges are better option than most airline and Priority Pass lounges due to their good selection of free alcohol, and superior food options.
In this post, we outline all you need to know about the Escape Lounges in the United States and the United Kingdom including their location, hours, menus, amenities, and how you can access them for free.
Escape Lounge Locations
Escape Lounges operates twelve lounges in the United States and five lounges in the United Kingdom. Below is each of their lounge locations and operating hours.
We mapped out the locations of each Escape Lounge and 1,500+ other airport lounges on our Airport Lounge Map, which can be accessed via your phone’s Google Maps mobile app.
|in the U.S.|
|Cincinnati (CVG)||Gate B21||5:00 am - 8 pm||Menu||N/A|
|Greenville (GSP)||Concourse B near Gate 1||5:00 am - 9 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Hartford (BDL)||Near Gate 1||5:00 am - 8 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Minneapolis (MSP)||T1 at Entrance to Con. E||4:00 am - 9 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Oakland (OAK)||T1 Across from Gate 9||4:30 am - 9 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Ontario (ONT)||T2 at Gates 209 and 210||4:30 am - 10 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Ontario (ONT)||T4 Near Gate 410||5:00 am - 9 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Phoenix (PHX)||T4 Near Gate B22||5:30 am - 10 pm||Menu||N/A|
|Providence (PVD)||Near Gate 18||5:00 am - 8 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Reno (RNO)||Between Conc. B and C||4:30 am - 8 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Sacramento (SMF)||Near Gate A10||4:30 am - 10 pm||Menu||Menu|
|Sacramento (SMF)||Term. B on Left After Security||5:00 am - 8 pm||Menu||Menu|
A few notes:
- The Phoenix lounge has showers since it is connected to the American Express Centurion Lounge.
- The U.S. Escape Lounges without bathrooms are Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Oakland, Reno, and Sacramento. For these lounges, you have to exit the lounge to go to the public restrooms, and you can re-enter back into the lounge.
|in the U.K.|
|East Midlands (EMA)||Near Gate 17||4.00 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|London (STN)||Main Dep. Lounge||4.00 a.m. – 8.30 p.m.|
|Manchester (MAN)||Terminal 1||4:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Manchester (MAN)||T2 near Gate 209||M, T, Th, F, Sa.: 4:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.; W 4:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.; Sun. 4:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Manchester (MAN)||T3 on Level 3||Sun - Fri. 4:15 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Sat. 4:15 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
Access to the Escape Lounges
You have three options for accessing Escape Lounges:
- Pay a fee to access
- An American Express Platinum card
- For the U.K. Escape Lounges, have a Priority Pass Membership. (None of the U.S. Escape Lounges are accessible via Priority Pass.)
Additionally, children under two are admitted free with an adult.
- U.S. Escape Lounges: $40 per person if you pre-book 24 hours in advance or $45 at the door. There are discounts for AAA Members or members of the military.
- U.K. Escape Lounges: £25 per person in advance or £30 at the airport.
Free Access With American Express Platinum
You can get free access with two guests to the Escape Lounges with a version of an American Express Platinum card: Platinum, Business Platinum, Schwab Platinum, or Morgan Stanley Platinum. Plus, the invite-only Centurion card.
One very common misconception is that the American Express Delta Platinum and Delta Platinum Business have access to Escape Lounges. These two cards do NOT have free access to Escape Lounges or any other lounges. The cards just have very similar names. The American Express Platinum has a $550 annual fee and earns Membership Rewards. Whereas, the Delta Platinum only has a $250 annual fee and earns Delta SkyMiles.
|American Express Platinum Cards|
|Platinum||Lounge Access (Centurion, Delta SkyClub, Priority Pass, and Escape), $200 Airline Credit, $200 Uber Credit, $100 Saks Credit, 5x points on Flights, Trip Delay Insurance, Global Entry Credit, and Hotel and Rental Car Elite Status.||$550|
|Business Platinum||Lounge Access (Centurion, Delta SkyClub, Priority Pass, and Escape), 5x Points on Airlines and Pre-paid Hotels with AmexTravel.com, WeWork Membership, $200 Dell Credit, $200 Airline Credit, Global Entry Credit, Trip Delay Insurance, and Elite Status.||$595|
You will have access to several amenities when you visit Escape Lounges:
- Free food including breakfast, lunch, dinner, cookies, dessert, appetizers, and bar snacks.
- A good selection of free alcoholic drinks including prosecco, white wine, red wine, a few types of beer including a local draft, and spirits like Jack Daniels, Bacardi, Johnnie Walker Red, Svedka, and Jameson. (You can buy upgraded wine and spirits for around $6-10.)
- Free coffee, tea, espresso, and soft drinks.
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Print, scan, and copy services.
- Charging ports at every seat.
The one amenity that is lacking from about half of the Escape Lounges is a bathroom. Access to a clean bathroom is important to have in a lounge, especially if you are staying for an extended period of time.
U.S. Escape Lounges vs. U.K. Escape Lounges
The U.S. and U.K. Escape Lounges have some differences you should know about:
- U.S. Escape Lounges are generally smaller than the U.K. Escape Lounges. Most of the U.S. Escape Lounges are about 3,000 square feet, whereas the average Admirals Club or Delta SkyClub is at least double that size.
- U.S. Escape Lounges are more upscale than U.K. Escape Lounges. U.S. Escape Lounges charge about $8 more per visit than the U.K. Escape Lounges. This allows the U.S. Escape Lounges to offer higher quality food in mini cast iron pots instead of only buffet food at the U.K. Escape Lounges.
- The U.K. Escape Lounges are accessible via Priority Pass, but the U.S. Escape Lounges are only accessible by free with a version of the American Express Platinum.
- The U.K. Lounges limit your stay to 3-hours, but you can stay for an entire day at the U.S. Lounges.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have free access with the American Express Platinum, a visit to the Escape Lounge is totally worth it. They have good food and free alcohol.
If you are planning to pay for access, I would assess how long you plan on staying at the lounge. If you are staying longer than 2 hours, it may be worth paying the $40-45 for access.
Yes. You can access the Escape Lounge as an arriving passenger.
You can bring in two guests into the Escape Lounge with the American Express Platinum card. For the U.K. Lounges, you can bring in guests based on your Priority Pass Membership.
If you are buying access, you have to pay the fee per person with the exception of children under two.
Only the U.K. Escape Lounges accept Priority Pass. The U.S. Escape Lounges are only accessible for free with American Express Platinum.
No. The American Express Delta Platinum and Delta Platinum Business do NOT have free access to Escape Lounges. Only a version of the American Express Platinum card that earns Membership Rewards points has free access.
The cards have very similar names, but the American Express Platinum has a $550 annual fee. Whereas, the Delta Platinum only has a $250 annual fee.
Only service animals can visit the Escape Lounges. Emotional Support Animals do not qualify.
Standby passengers, including airline or industry employees traveling on discounted tickets, are not eligible to utilize the lounge unless they have received a boarding pass showing a confirmed seat or zone assignment.