The DoorDash Rewards Mastercard® is a no-fee credit card that offers cash back on purchases made on the DoorDash platform.
Cardholders earn 4% cash back on DoorDash and Caviar orders, 3% back on dining directly from a restaurant, and 2% back on grocery stores.
This article will cover everything you need to know about this card to determine if you should add this card or a different card to your wallet. Let’s dive right in.
Earning Cash Back
The DoorDash Mastercard earns cash back at the following rates:
- 4% back on DoorDash and Caviar orders, including restaurants, groceries, pet supplies, retail items, and more;
- 3% back on online or in-store restaurant purchases;
- 2% back on online or in-store grocery purchases; and
- 1% back on all other purchases.
No Annual Fee
One of the best aspects of the DoorDash card is that is has no annual fee.
DoorDash Card Benefits and Perks
Complimentary DashPass Membership with Spending
You can receive a complimentary DashPass membership ($96 value) every year with $10,000 in annual card spend.
DashPass members enjoy $0 delivery fees, reduced service fees, and exclusive benefits on every eligible order.
But remember that the Membership auto-renews if you don’t have qualifying spend.
Monthly Grocery Savings (for a Limited Time)
As an exclusive Cardmember benefit, you can get 10% off one Convenience, Grocery, Alcohol, Retail, or DashMart order every month.
The maximum discount of $15 per order and this offer expires on 12/31/2023.
Nationwide Shipping Discount (for a Limited Time)
Cardmembers enjoy $25 off your first two orders of at least $100 with DoorDash Nationwide Shipping.
This limited-time offer expires on December 21, 2023.
Secondary Rental Car Insurance
Secondary rental car insurance covers any damage to a rental car not covered by your primary insurance when you pay for the rental using this card.
Other credit cards offer primary rental car insurance, which pays before your insurance and saves you the hassle of filing multiple insurance claims.
You still need to maintain liability car insurance to cover damage to another person or property.
Purchase protection can save you a lot of money if you bought an eligible item that is damaged or stolen within 120-days.
For example, if accidentally dropped your new phone or laptop and broke the screen, you could file a claim to get it replaced if it was purchased within the last 120 days.
Credit card extended warranty protection adds up to an additional year of coverage for eligible purchases on manufacturer’s warranties up to 3 years.
Coverage matches the protection provided by the original warranty so that damage or defect would have to be covered by the original warranty for extended warranty coverage.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
Trip cancellation and interruption insurance reimburses you for non-refundable expenses if your trip is interrupted or canceled for a covered reason such as illness, severe weather, or an accidental injury when you pay for your travel expenses with this card.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
This card has no foreign transaction fees on purchases outside the U.S., which is helpful if you travel internationally to help you avoid paying a 3% fee on those international purchases.
Mastercard World Elite Benefits
This card is a World Elite Mastercard, which gets you access to these special benefits and discounts:
- DoorDash: Automatically get $5 off your first DoorDash order each month.
- Lyft: Take 3 rides in one calendar month and pay with your World Elite Mastercard to earn a $5 Lyft credit.
- Fandango: Spend $20 at Fandango or on Fandango’s streaming service and get a $5 Fandango Reward.
- ShopRunner: ShopRunner is an online membership that unlocks free 2-day shipping and free returns at dozens of top stores, including Under Armour, Cole Hann, Bloomingdale’s, and more.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages:
- 4% Back on DoorDash and Caviar Orders.
- Nice travel and purchase protections.
- Complimentary DashPass membership after the first year requires spending $10,000.
- Only 1% back on all other purchases.
- Limited value for people who frequently order from DoorDash.
Alternatives to the DoorDash Mastercard
Now that you know about this credit card’s various benefits and pros and cons, it’s time to see its alternatives.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- 5x Points on Travel Booked Via Chase
- 3x Points on Dining and Eligible Delivery Services
- 2x Points on All Other Travel Purchases
- 10% Anniversary Points Boost
- Trip Delay and Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- $95 Annual Fee
For only $95 per year, this card earns 5x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, 3x points on dining, online groceries, and streaming services, and 2x on all other travel purchases.
Cardholders will also get a 10% anniversary points bonus, a 12-month DoorDash DashPass subscription when activated by December 31, 2024, and a $50 anniversary hotel statement credit.
Plus, it provides extensive travel protections, including trip delay, primary rental car, baggage, and purchase protection plans.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One SavorOne is a no-annual-fee card that earns 3% cash back in four popular categories: dining, entertainment, popular streaming services, and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®).
The SavorOne also has nice perks such as no foreign transaction fees and extended warranty protection.
Plus, cardholders earn 10% cash back on purchases with Uber and Uber Eats and complimentary Uber One membership statement credits every month through November 14, 2024.
American Express® Gold Card
- 4x Membership Rewards® points at restaurants, including takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
- 4x Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1x).
- 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com
Plus, card members get nice credits when you enroll your Gold Card to offset the annual fee:
- $120 Uber Cash: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account, and each month automatically get up to $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S.
- $120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express® Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations.
Is the DoorDash Worth It?
The DoorDash Mastercard is only worth it if you frequently order from DoorDash or Caviar to take advantage of the 4% back on these orders.
However, other cards offer higher welcome bonuses, more rewards in other categories and for everyday spending, and better benefits.