Delta SkyMiles do not expire as long as the account is open and in good standing.
The one exception to the rule is if Delta closes your account if a member is deceased or fraudulent activity occurs on the account.
When Can Delta Close Your Account?
Delta reserves the right to close your account and forfeit any SkyMiles if:
- Fraudulent activity occurs.
- A Member requests an account closure.
- A Member is deceased.
- A Member does not respond to repeated communication attempts regarding the status of his/her account.
- A Member resides in or relocates to a country where membership is prohibited under applicable law.
- A Member violates the terms of this Membership Guide and Program Rules.
Comparison of U.S. Airlines' Policies
Below are the mileage expiration policies for every major U.S. airline.