Here’s your miles, points, and travel news for August 11, 2023:
New 100K Offer on the Aeroplan® Credit Card
Plus the Aeroplan has the standard perk for new cardmembers to get Air Canada 25K elite status for this year and the following calendar year.
Southwest to Add Free Standby For All Passengers
Southwest Airlines is set to introduce free standby for all its passengers in the near future, although a specific date has not been announced.
This perk, which allows passengers to wait for a seat on another flight without any additional charge, was previously available only to elite, full fare, and customers who purchased the “Wanna Get Away Plus” fares.
In addition to this, passengers who opt for the pricier “Business Select” fares will now be entitled to free inflight wifi. This fare already includes benefits like priority boarding (positions A1-15) and a complimentary drink. The new wifi perk will support up to three devices.
HT: View from the Wing.
80K Bonus on Miles & More Mastercard
The Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard® has a new 80,000 point bonus by spending $3,000 and paying the annual fee within the first 90 days.
This is an all-time bonus. The card has an $89 annual fee, and its main perk is two free annual Lufthansa Business class lounge passes.
The Miles&More card might be a good option for the first year only for the welcome bonus.
HT: Doctor of Credit.
- Earn 100,000 miles on the Lufthansa Miles & More when you spend $3,000 and pay the annual fee within the first 90 days.
- 2X Award Miles on Miles and More Ticket Purchases
- 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers Per Year
- Companion Ticket Every Anniversary
- $89 Annual Fee
- The US Open’s pop-up Centurion Lounge is now accepting reservations for cardholders American Express Platinum cardholders.
- Tempo by Hilton Times Square is now open as the first Tempo brand hotel for Hilton. It features 661 rooms and 31 rooms have a view of the ball drop in NYC’s Times Square.
- Avelo Airlines launched two new routes from Wilmington Delaware’s airport (ILG) to San Juan, Puerto Rico and Sarasota, Florida.
- Marriott’s new brand StudioRes was unveiled, which is designed as an basic extended stay brand.
- Two new Priority Pass restaurants called Cram Bar in the Domestic and International terminals of Chandigarh International in India.
- $50 Target Promotion for new debit Redcard holders until 8/19/2023.
- No-fee $200 Mastercard Gift cards promotion at Staples between 8/13/2023 and 8/19/2023.
- Marriott 5,000 Bonus Points promotion (sign in required) with 2 stays launched. It goes through 11/30/2023 and you get 2,000 bonus points after the first stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night, and 3,000 bonus points after the second stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night.
- New Chase Offer for 10% Back on Southwest ticket purchases when you spend $50 or more with a $40 maximum.
- 20X Frontier Airlines Miles on flights purchased by 9/5/2023 and flown before 9/30/2023.
- New Choice Sweet Spot Rewards for travel through September 15, 2023, for a discount when using points of at 34 Choice Hotel Properties.