Here’s your miles, points, travel, and deals news for November 3, 2023:
New Capital One Lounge
The Capital One Denver lounge is finally open as of today.
The Capital One Denver Lounge is located in Concourse A near Gate 34, one level above the concourse.
The lounge will be open from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM, but from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM from November 3 to November 12, 2023, during the soft opening.
The Denver Capital One lounge is about 10,800 square feet and features these amenities:
- Two shower suites with Dyson hair dryers and hotel-inspired toiletries.
- Six private restrooms.
- Three private work rooms that can be reserved, and 2 private phone booths.
- Three private relaxation rooms.
- Local food and beverage section, including beer on tap from local breweries.
- Grab and go food section with salads, granola bowls, and fresh juices.
- Luggage storage area.
JetBlue Forced to Cut Amsterdam Route
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is introducing an annual flight cap for 2024, which will reduce the number of flights into the airport.
The reduction will force JetBlue to cut its New York (JFK) and Boston (BOS) flights to Amsterdam (AMS), which they launched this summer.
JetBlue is attempting to retaliate by demanding New York (JFK) take away KLM’s slots.
Deals and Points News
- Hyatt has a new promotion with promo code “STAYNOW” for reservation between November 2nd and December 5th for travel between November 3, 2023 and April 30, 2024. With the code, you can earn double points at participating hotels in North America, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
- New Amex Offers
- BedBathandBeyond.com for $30 back on $200+ until 1/31/2024.
- Carnival Cruise Line for 25,000 Membership Rewards Points when you spend $1,000+ until 11/10/2024.
- Ray-Ban for $30 back (up to 2 times) on $150+ or more until 1/15/2024.
- Park Hyatt for $150 back on $750+ until 12/15/2023.
- Hyatt Thompson for $60 back on $300+ until 12/15/2023.
- Hyatts in Latin America for $100 back on $400+ until 1/31/2024.
- Icelandair is launching flights from Reykjavik to Pittsburgh (PIT) on May 16, 2024, and Halifax (YHZ) on May 31, 2024. Both will be 3x weekly flights with a Boeing 737 MAX 8.
- Air Canada is launching a Montreal (YUL) to Stockholm (ARN) starting June 14, 2024, using a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
- American Airlines and Aer Lingus announced new codeshare agreement from Chicago (ORD) and Philadelphia (PHL), in addition to the current agreement for Charlotte (CLT) and Dallas (DFW).
- Spirit Airlines is pulling out of Denver (DEN). I’m not surprised since other ultra-low-cost carrier Frontier has their main hub in Denver.