Here’s your miles, points, travel, and deals news for November 2, 2023:
$200 Off Capital One Premier Collection
Capital One’s travel portal is offering $200 off any Premier Collection Booking until December 31, 2023 for Capital One Venture X and Venture X Business cardmembers.
This could easily get you a free or discounted stay!
I checked Chicago and found I could book a room for one-night for only $180 or $214.80 after taxes. With the $200 promo, it dropped to $14.80 (plus a $30 resort fee at check-in).
Plus, when you book the Premier Collection you get these perks:
- $100 Experience Credit
- Daily Breakfast for two
- Room Upgrade (if available)
- Early check-in/late checkout (if available)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- 10x miles for anything above the $200 promo credit.
Marriott Changes Suite Night Awards
Marriott announced changes to Suite Night Awards by replacing them with “Nightly Upgrade Awards.”
Elite members have historically been allowed to choose Suite Night Awards (now Nightly Upgrade Awards) as Choice Benefits for reaching 50 elite nights and 75 elite nights.
The changes that were made were:
- Nightly Upgrade Awards are available at 5 additional brands (Aloft®, EDITION®, Element®, Protea Hotels®, and The Ritz-Carlton®)
- Upgrades are now confirmed 3 days before check-in instead of 5 days.
- Bonvoy members can now allegedly access nearly 20% more room inventory when redeeming Nightly Upgrade Awards.
Up to a 50% Bonus for Apple Products via Chase Ultimate Rewards
Chase Ultimate Rewards is back with its promotion when you redeem points for up to 50% bonus on Apple Products through 11/30/2023.
You can normally redeem points at a rate of 1.0 cents, but you get these bonuses depending on your card.
50% bonus (1.5 cents per point)
25% bonus (1.25 cents per point)
10% bonus (1.10 cents per point) or 20% bonus on Airpods (1.20 cents per point):
Deals and Points News
- 30% transfer bonus from Citi ThankYou Rewards to Qatar Airways Avios until November 10, 2023.
- Targeted Bonus for up to 220,000 American Express Membership Rewards points when you open a Business Platinum card (150,000 for $15,000 in spending in 3 months) + open a Business Checking (50,000 points) + meet both requirements (20,000 points). Deal ends 12/12/2023 and the links have no lifetime language.
- Staples will have no activation fee on $200 Mastercard gift cards from 11/5 to 11/11/2023 with a limit of 8.
- New Amex Offers:
- Dell for either a $40 statement credit when you spend $200+ or a $120 statement credit when you spend $599+.
- Avis for $75 statement credit when you spend $350+ by 12/29/2023.
- Peacock for $5.99 statement credit up to 3 times or $20 statement credit on an annual subscription of $59.99 by 1/31/2024.
- Goldbelly for $30 statement credit when you spend $75+ by 12/31/2023.
- Peloton Membership for $12 back up to two times by 1/31/2024.
- Delta Air Lines lays off some corporate workers to cut costs, but the actual number of workers is unknown.
- Southwest Airlines is considering adding flights to Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Airport. Southwest has a major hub at Dallas Love Airport (DAL), but they did a similar move in Chicago by adding flights to Chicago O’Hare (ORD) with their major hub in Chicago Midway (MDW).