Here’s your miles, points, travel, and deals news for October 27, 2023:
New Southwest Card Bonuses
The three Southwest personal cards have new heightened bonuses until December 11, 2023, for 75,000 Rapid Rewards after spending $3,000 within the first three months. These cards are the:
You are eligible for a new bonus if you currently don’t have a Southwest personal card and haven’t received a new bonus within the last 24 months.
This bonus also pairs well with the Southwest Business cards to get the super valuable Companion Pass.
Meeting the minimum spend requirement on the personal cards above plus the card_name (review) would give you enough points for the Companion Pass, which, if you time it right by hitting the spend requirement in 2024, would give you almost two years of free unlimited flying for a companion.
Other Southwest Airlines News
In addition to the new credit card welcome bonuses, there are a lot of Southwest Airlines updates today:
- Southwest extended their flight schedule through August 4, 2024, which means its a great time to book summer travel.
- Southwest now allows you to track your checked bag in-flight via their mobile app or the website.
- Southwest and Boeing announced an order of an additional 108 Boeing 737 Max 7s.
Southwest also added several new routes:
- From Orlando (MCO): Cancun, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Nassau, Bahamas, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, and San Jose, Costa Rica.
- From Burbank (BUR): Boise, Idaho, Kansas City, Missouri, New Orleans, Louisiana, San Antonio, Texas, and St. Louis, Missouri.
- Dallas (DAL): Buffalo/ Niagara, New York, Fresno, California, Providence, Rhode Island, and Spokane, Washington. (Saturday-only seasonal service)
- Baltimore (BWI) to Colorado Springs (COS).
- Nashville (BNA) to Bozeman, Montana (seasonal Saturday only) and Grand Rapids, Michigan (seasonal Sunday only).
Deals and Points News
- Several new Amex Offers:
- Adidas.com for an extra 6x points up to 5,000 points until 12/31/2023.
- Air Canada for $150 back on $1,000+ until 12/31/2023.
- Best Western for $20 back on $100+ until 12/31/2023.
- Charles Tyrwhitt for $25 back on $125+ until 11/15/2023
- CNBC’s Investing Club for $16 back on $49+ up to 3x times until 2/5/2024.
- Duluth Trading Co. for $30 back on $100+ until 12/18/2023.
- Google Photos for $10 back on $35+ up to 3 times until 12/26/2023.
- Kroger online pickup or delivery for $15 back on $50+ until 11/26/2023.
- H&M for an extra 5x points up to 2,000 point until 11/18/2023.
- Lufthansa is returning the A380 to the Los Angeles (LAX) to Munich (MUC) route.
- Virgin Atlantic is discontinuing its Austin (AUS) to London-Heathrow (LHR) route as of January 7, 2024 after launching the route in 2022.
- Delta is launching a New York (LGA) to Halifax, Canada flight starting June 7, 2024 to compete with American Airlines’ own new service to Halifax from New York (LGA).