Alaska Miles Now Redeemable on Singapore Airlines- Alaska Airlines announced a long while ago that you would be able to use your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan points for travel on Singapore Airlines. The time has now finally come, but the award rates are fairly high when compared to Alaska Awards on Cathay Pacific (anywhere in Asia for 50,000 points in Business Class and 70,000 points in First Class). [OMAAT]
New 60,000 Point Offer for JetBlue Business- Barclays has increased the sign-up bonus for the JetBlue Business Card to 60,000 JetBlue points, which is worth about $840 under JetBlue’s revenue based point system. The card has a $99 annual fee, gets you a free checked bag along with three other companions, and earns 6x points on JetBlue purchases and 2x points on restaurants and office supply stores.
Hyatt Adds 49 Small Luxury Hotels- Hyatt and Small Luxury Hotels (“SLH”) entered a partnership last December that allows World of Hyatt members to earn and redeem points at SLH Hotels. Hyatt has added about 50 SLH properties to the World of Hyatt program every two months. Hyatt has now added 49 SLH hotels, bringing the number of SLH hotels in the Hyatt program to over 250 SLH properties. Some of the new properties include a Scottish Castle, an ultra-luxurious resort in Belize, a ski resort in Italy, and the SLH Hotel of the Year in Santorini, Greece.
The full points breakdown of the new 49 SLH hotels is:
- Category 3 (12,000 points per night): Four hotels
- Category 4 (15,000 points): Four hotels
- Category 5 (20,000 points): Nine hotels
- Category 6 (25,000): Sixteen hotels
- Category 7 (30,000 points): Eleven hotels
- Category 8 (40,000 points): Five hotels
- Earn 2,000 Marriott points with a 2 day Hertz rental. Offer valid through December 31, 2019.
- Amex Offer for Macy’s: Spend $75+ and either get $15 statement credit or 1,500 Membership Rewards points.
- A targeted 100,000 Membership Rewards offer is available for the American Express Platinum via CardMatch. You have to fill out your information and CardMatch performs a soft pull of your credit to see if you were targeted for the 100k point offer.
- 30% points bonus when transferring hotel points to United through November 30, 2019. If you combine this promo with the Marriott transfer bonus for transferring 60,000 points, you would convert 60,000 Marriott points to 35,750 United Miles.
- The Sydney American Express Lounge is moving to a new space at the end of this month that is triple the size. [TFM]
- Southwest hiked prices $5 overnight on Tuesday on every route but Hawaii. The fare increase was matched by Delta and United. [TPG]
- Delta is increasing their hiring to avoid a repeat of the hiring squeeze the affected its operations during the summer. [WSJ]
- American Airlines pushes back the 737 Max Service to January 2020. I think it’s highly likely this deadline will get pushed back again.
- Aeroflot, the Russian flag carrier, canceled its 2007 order for twenty-two Boeing 787 Dreamliners. Currently, there are 556 Dreamliners on order assembled in Everett, Washington, and Charleston, South Carolina.
- Southwest grounded two Boeing 737s for structural cracks during their FAA mandated 30,000 flight cycle inspection. [Flight Global]
- Norwegian Airlines, who is close to financial distress, sold five of their Airbus A320neo planes on order to an undisclosed airline to raise additional capital.
- United added three destinations from Washington Dulles: Akron/Canton (3 daily), Philadelphia (3 daily), and West Palm Beach (1 daily).
- Alaska expands Qantas codeshare routes to include several New Zealand destinations: Sydney to Auckland, Christchurch, Queenstown, and Wellington; Brisbane to Auckland.