The Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express is a good option for occasional travelers on Delta who can take advantage of the companion certificate each cardmember anniversary. If you don’t think you can use the companion certificate, the Delta Gold card is likely a better option for you. If you are a Delta Medallion elite member, the Delta Reserve is a better option.
Delta SkyMiles Platinum Information
Application Link: Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express
Current Bonus: 100,000 SkyMiles plus 20,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles for elite status. The 100,000 SkyMiles bonus is awarded as 80,000 SkyMiles for $5,000 in spending within 3 months and 20,000 SkyMiles after your first cardmember year.
Annual Fee: The Delta Platinum card has an annual fee of $250.
Earn Rate: The Delta Platinum card earns 3x SkyMiles on purchases with Delta Airlines and hotels booked direct, 2x miles with restaurants and U.S. supermarkets, and 1x SkyMiles for all other purchases.
Delta Platinum Card Benefits
The Delta Platinum card has a lot of great benefits, so we have divided them up into several groups.
Delta Platinum Benefits on Delta
- Delta Companion Certificate for a round-trip domestic economy, Comfort+, or first-class flight each cardmember anniversary. You will have to pay the taxes and fees, and purchase an I, Z, W, L, U, T, X or V fare.
- Free first checked bag for you an up to eight companions traveling on your reservation.
- Priority boarding: Main Cabin 1 boarding for you and up to eight companions on your reservation.
- 20% in-flight savings via card statement credit for pre-purchased meals, and in-flight food, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets on Delta flights.
- 10,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles (for elite status) for every $25,000 in spending per calendar year, up to 20,000 MQMs.
- Delta SkyClub access for $39 per person for you and up to two guests.
Delta Platinum Card Protections
- Trip delay insurance (you can spend up to $300 if your flight is delayed 12+ hours. Limited to two claims per 12 months)
- Baggage insurance.
- Secondary rental car insurance
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
- Extended warranty
- 90-day return protection.
- 90-day purchase protection.
Other Delta Platinum Benefits
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit.
- No foreign transaction fees.