The American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business credit card is a good option if you stay at least a few times per year at Marriott properties. The $125 annual fee is justified by the one free hotel night at a property under 35,000 points. You should be able easily to get at least $125 in value from that benefit alone.
The ability to earn 4x Marriott points per dollar at U.S. restaurants and U.S. gas stations is another advantage of holding this card. This earn rate is better than the $450 annual fee American Express Marriott Brilliant credit card that only earns 3x on U.S. restaurants. However, I would rather put my restaurant spending on the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points) or American Express Gold credit card (4x points)(both Chase Ultimate Rewards and American Express Membership Rewards are worth about double a Marriott point).
The other notable benefit of Silver Elite status only gets you an extra 1 Marriott point per dollar on hotel stays, but the 15 elite status credits, means that you are only 10 nights away from the more lucrative Gold Elite Status.
- Target Bonus: 100,000 Marriott Points
- Current Bonus: 100,000 Marriott Points
Annual Fee: $125 (but if you sign up before 3/28/19, there is a $0 intro annual fee and $95 thereafter)
Earning Marriott Bonvoy Points
- 6x points at Marriott properties
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points everywhere else
Marriott Business Card Benefits
- One free hotel night on each anniversary for hotels less than 35,000 points.
- Marriott Silver Elite status
- 15 Elite night credits (You cannot combine this with other Marriott elite night credits from other cards)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Premium Wi-fi at Marriott properties
- Boingo Wi-fi access