The Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express is a good option for the occasional Delta flyer. The annual fee is waived the first year and you get a free checked bag and priority boarding for you and up to 8 companions on the same ticket.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Information
Application Link: Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express
Current Bonus: 70,000 SkyMiles (60,000 SkyMiles for $2,000 in spending within 3 months and 10,000 SkyMiles after your first cardmember year)
Annual Fee: $99, waived the first year.
Earn Rate: The Delta Gold card earns 2x SkyMiles on Delta, restaurants, and U.S. grocery stores; 1x SkyMiles for all other purchases.
Delta Gold Card Benefits
The Delta Gold card has a lot of great benefits, so we have divided them up into several groups.
Delta Gold Benefits on Delta
- Free first checked bag for you an up to eight companions traveling on your reservation.
- Priority boarding: Main Cabin 1 boarding for you and up to eight companions on your reservation.
- 20% in-flight savings via card statement credit for pre-purchased meals, and in-flight food, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets on Delta flights.
- $100 flight credit on Delta when you spend $10,000 in a calendar year.
Delta Gold Card Protections
- Baggage insurance.
- Secondary rental car insurance
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
- Extended warranty
- 90-day return protection.
- 90-day purchase protection.
Other Delta Gold Benefits
- No foreign transaction fees.
- ShopRunner (free two-day shipping at merchants)