The American Express Delta SkyMiles Reserve Credit card is great for frequent Delta flyers. It comes with lounge access to the Delta SkyClub and American Express Centurion lounges. You can also earn valuable Medallion Qualifying Miles (elite status miles) with the Delta Reserve card.
Delta SkyMiles Reserve Information
Application Link: American Express Delta Reserve
Current Bonus: 100,000 SkyMiles plus 20,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles for elite status. The 100,000 SkyMiles bonus is awarded as 80,000 SkyMiles for $5,000 in spending within 3 months and 20,000 SkyMiles after your first cardmember year.
Annual Fee: The Delta Reserve card has an annual fee of $550, but it is justified by many of the benefits below. The annual fee for each authorized user is $175.
Earn Rate: The Delta Reserve card earns 3x SkyMiles on purchases with Delta Airlines and 1x SkyMiles for all other purchases.
Delta Reserve Card Benefits
The Delta Reserve card has a lot of great benefits, so we have divided them up into several groups.
Delta Reserve Lounge Access
- Lounge Access to Delta SkyClub when flying Delta.
- 2 Delta SkyClub Guest passes each year. You can obtain further guest passes for $39 each.
- Lounge Access to American Express Centurion Lounges when flying Delta if you booked flight with any American Express card. You can bring in guests for $50 each.
Delta Reserve Benefits on Delta
- Delta Companion Certificate for a round-trip domestic economy, Comfort+, or first-class flight each cardmember anniversary. You will have to pay the taxes and fees, and purchase an I, Z, W, L, U, T, X or V fare.
- Free first checked bag for you an up to eight companions traveling on your reservation.
- Priority boarding: Main Cabin 1 boarding for you and up to eight companions on your reservation.
- 20% in-flight savings via card statement credit for pre-purchased meals, and in-flight food, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets on Delta flights.
- Access to complimentary upgrades for non-Medallion elite members.
Delta Reserve Elite Status Benefits
- 15,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles for every $30,000 in purchases (maximum of 60,000 MQMs).
- A waiver of Medallion Qualifying Dollar requirement if you spend up to $25,000 in purchases for Platinum, Gold, or Silver Medallion status. ($250,000 in spending for Diamond).
- Upgrade priority over other Medallion members with the same Medallion level and fare class grouping.
Delta Reserve Card Protections
- Trip delay insurance (you can spend up to $500 if your flight is delayed 6+ hours)
- Baggage insurance.
- Secondary rental car insurance
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
- Extended warranty.
- 90-day return protection.
- 90-day purchase protection.
Other Delta Reserve Benefits
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- American Express Concierge (you can email at PlatinumRequests@concierge.americanexpress.com)