- Current Bonus: 50,000
- Target Bonus: 50,000
Annual Fee: $450 (increases to $495 in September 2019)
Earning ThankYou Points
- 5x points on dining and air travel
- 3x points on cruise lines and hotels
- 2x on entertainment (until August 31, 2019)
- 1x points everywhere else
Prestige Card Benefits
- $250 annual travel credit
- 4th hotel night free (pay for 3 nights and get one night free)
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check credit
- Priority Pass
- No foreign transactions
- Citi Concierge
- Cell Phone Insurance
- August 31, 2019- 2x on Entertainment is removed.
- September 2019- Annual fee increases to $495 (Citigold and Private Bank clients still pay only $350). 4th hotel night free can only be used twice a year instead of unlimited. You no longer receive a 25% bonus for redeeming for air travel (points worth 1 cent towards travel, but it is always better to transfer points to airlines), and the card will no longer earn 2x points on entertainment.
- September 22, 2019- Citi will remove car rental insurance, trip delay, baggage protection, lost luggage protection, medical evacuation insurance, return protection, and price protection.
4th Hotel Night Free
The Prestige’s fourth night free is one of the best travel perks out there and it can be extremely valuable for traveling consultants. Essentially, if you stay four or more nights at a hotel, Citi will give you a rebate for the 4th night (e.g. four nights at a cost of $200 a night, Citi will give you a rebate of $200). Therefore, to maximize this perk, book your hotel stays in four-day increments, but change hotels if staying eight or more nights (e.g. for an eight night stay: four nights at a Hilton and four nights at an Embassy Suites will net you two free night rebates; eight nights at the same Hilton will only net you one free night rebate).
You can either book via the Citi Travel Portal or through the Prestige Concierge (561-922-0158 or firstname.lastname@example.org). I advise you book with via email or phone with the Concierge instead of online because if you book online, you forgo hotel points and certain discounted rates. This is because the online travel center is considered third party booking rather than direct with the hotel with the concierge. The only advantage to booking online is that you get the discount at the time of booking. With the concierge method, you have to wait about 10 days for the rebate to appear on your account, but you also earn more Citi ThankYou points than the online method since you charged the entire rate to your card. Additionally, if you are charging your hotel expenses to a client, you can get double reimbursed using the email or phone method (rebate from Citi and reimbursement from your client).
- The ability to book via the Concierge will no longer be available after September 1, 2019.
Trip Delay Insurance Note: Citi has put in place an unfortunate rule for connecting flights, which requires your connecting flight to be delayed for more than three hours for you to be covered. This means that if your connecting flight is delayed for only an hour and this causes you to miss your second flight, you are not covered even if your overall delay is more than 3 hours.