The United TravelBank card is a no annual fee card that earns TravelBank cash instead of United Miles, which can be applied to the purchase of United flights.
Applying for this card is not recommended for a few reasons:
- The card would count towards your 5/24 Rule number.
- You can earn 2% cashback anywhere with the no annual fee Citi Double Cash card, instead of only 1.5% TravelBank cash that has to be used with United Airlines.
- If you fly United enough to consider this card, you should get the United Explorer ($95 annual fee) instead, which offers valuable travel perks on United and has a higher sign up bonus.
United TravelBank Card Information
Application Link: Chase United TravelBank Card
Current Bonus: $150 in TravelBank cash after $1,000 in purchases within 3 months.
Annual Fee: No annual fee.
Earn Rate: 2% in TravelBank cash on purchases with United; 1.5% in TravelBank cash on all other purchases.
United TravelBank Card Benefits
- 25% in-flight savings on food, beverages, and Wi-Fi on United operated flights.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Secondary rental car insurance.
- Trip cancellation insurance.
- 120-day purchase protection.
- 90-day price protection.