The United Explorer card is one of the most valuable airline credit cards on the market. The Explorer card allows you to book a basic economy ticket and bring both a carry-on and checked bag for free. The card also gets you two free United Club passes each year, expanded award avaliability to use your points, primary rental car insurance, and trip delay insurance.
United Explorer Card Information
Application Link- Chase United Explorer
Current Sign Up Bonus: 60,000 United miles.
Recommended Bonus: At least 50,000 United miles.
Annual Fee: $0 annual fee the first year, $95 thereafter.
Rewards: 2x miles on United Airlines, restaurants, and hotels booked direct; 1x miles everywhere else.
United Explorer Card Benefits
Benefits on United Airlines
- Free first checked bag for you and one travel companion on the same reservation when you use your Explorer card to purchase your ticket.
- Group 2 Priority boarding for you and companions on same reservation. This benefit also allows you to book a basic economy ticket and still bring a carry on bag.
- 2 United Club passes each anniversary.
- 25% off in-flight purchases.
- Increased award space (XN fare class) for cardholders.
- Complimentary upgrades on award tickets for Premier Elite members.
Travel and Purchase Benefits
- 12-hour trip delay insurance.
- No foreign transactions fees.
- $100 global entry credit.
- Primary rental car insurance.
- Baggage delay insurance.
- Lost luggage reimbursement.
- Trip cancellation insurance.
- 120-day purchase protection.