Application Link (Target: 70,000; Current: 50,000) (subject to 5/24)
Annual Fee: $450
Earning United Miles
- 2x for United
- 1.5x everywhere else.
- United Club membership (can bring in travel companions) plus other Star Alliance Lounges
- Hertz President’s Club Status
- Free first and second checked bag (United says you must use the card to pay for flight or taxes and fees on an award ticket to get the benefit, but in practice, you just need the card associated with your account to get the benefit)
- Priority boarding
- No close-in award booking fees
- Priority check-in
- No foreign transactions
- Primary rental car insurance
- 10,000 bonus points if you spend $25,000 per year
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Trip cancellation insurance
- 12-hour trip delay insurance
- 120-day purchase protection.
Note: Authorized users do not get United Club membership, unlike the Citi American Airlines card, where all authorized users get Admirals Club memberships. However, you do get access to other Star Alliance Airline’s Business Class lounge. Visit this website and choose “Paid Membership Card,” Select “United Club,” and the airport you want lounge access at.