Starbucks Rewards Credit Card
- Target Bonus: 4,500 stars
- Current Bonus: 4,500 Stars
- Subject to the 5/24 rule
Annual Fee: $49
Earning Starbucks Rewards Stars
- 3 stars per $1 at Starbucks stores
- 1 star for every $4 everywhere else.
- 125 stars= any free drink or food
- Starbucks Gold status
- 8 “Barista Picks” per year (coupon for a specific free food or drink and expires within 30 days)
- Secondary rental car insurance
- Extended warranty
- 120-day purchase protection
- Trip cancellation insurance.
If you value any free drink at $5, the bonus is worth about $110. For everyday spending, you would earn the equivalent of 12% cashback at Starbucks and 1% back everywhere else. If you value the “Barista Picks” at $4, the other card benefits would have to be worth at least $17 ($49-32 in Barista Picks). If you go to Starbucks every day, the card might be worth it to you. For me, I will stick to my Chase Sapphire Reserve, which earns 3x at Starbucks.