- Current Bonus: 30,000 points plus the Companion Pass until the end of 2019. This deal is better than the recommended 60,000 points bonus if you don’t qualify for a business credit card, which combined with a personal card in the same year, would be enough for a Companion Pass for the rest of this year plus the following year.
- Target Bonus: 60,000 points.
- Subject to the 5/24 rule
Annual Fee: $69
Earning Rapid Rewards Points
- 2 points per dollar on Southwest Airlines
- 1 point per dollar everywhere else.
Southwest Plus Benefits
- 3,000 bonus points every cardmember anniversary
- 120-day purchase protection
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement.
If you are considering applying for a Southwest Card, you should consider opening a business and personal card during a specific time frame in order to obtain the Companion Pass (one designated companion flies with you for free).
Bonus Eligibility: “You are a current Southwest consumer credit cardholder; or You have earned a new cardmember bonus on a Southwest consumer credit card in the last 24 months”
- You can get two bonuses by opening the business Premier and the personal Premier. You may be able to circumvent the above restriction for personal cards if you apply for the personal version of the Premier and the Plus on the same day.