- Target Bonus: 60,000 points
- Current Bonus: 2 free nights at a category 1-7 + $50 statement credit; Alternatively, you could get the 50,000 Hyatt point bonus. A category 7 hotel stay costs 30,000 points and a category 6 hotel stay costs 25,000 points.
- Subject to Chase’s 5/24 Rule, so don’t apply if you will automatically be denied if you have opened up more than 5 cards in the past 24 months.
Annual Fee: $95
Earning Hyatt Points
4x at Hyatt; 2x at restaurants, airfare directly with the airline, local transit/commuting (taxis/Uber/Lyft), and fitness/gym memberships; and 1x everywhere else.
Hyatt Card Benefits
- 1 free night every anniversary at Category 1-4 (plus an additional if you spend $15,000 a cardmember year)
- Hyatt Discoverist elite status
- 5 elite night credits (additional 2 credits for every $5,000 per cardmember year)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Trip cancellation insurance
- 120-day purchase protection.
Verdict: The Hyatt Card is a good card to keep and use for everyday spending due to Hyatt’s high point value. Additionally, the annual fee is justified by the free annual night at category 1-4 hotel plus Hyatt Discoverist Status.