- Target Bonus: 60,000 Membership Rewards Points
- Current Bonus: 60,000 Membership Rewards Points
- You do need to be a Morgan Stanley customer, unlike the Ameriprise Platinum card. You can join Access Investing for a minimum deposit of $5,000 with a .35% annual fee.
Annual Fee: $550
Earning Membership Rewards Points
- 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with an airline, flights or hotels booked on AmexTravel.com, and hotels booked using the Fine Hotels and Resorts program.
- 1x Membership Rewards points everywhere else
Platinum Card Benefits
Two unique qualities to the Morgan Stanley Platinum is that you can transfer points to Morgan Stanley brokerage account for 1 cent per point (however the Schwab Platinum allows for 1.25 cents per point) and you can earn a $500 bonus if you spend $100,000 in a cardmember year.
Below is a general overview of the benefits.
- $200 Airline Credit (for upgrades, bag fees, etc.)
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month January to November; $35 in December)
- Uber VIP Status
- $100 Saks credit ($50 in January to June; $50 July to December)
- Airport Lounge Access
- American Express Centurion Lounges
- Delta SkyClub (when flying Delta)
- Escape Lounges
- Airspace Lounges
- Priority Pass (airport lounge access and $25-28 dining credit per person at certain airport restaurants)
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit (authorized users get this benefit as well)
- Elite Status: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz 5-Star, National Emerald Club Executive
- Travel Collection Membership
- Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Secondary Rental Car Insurance
- Roadside Assitance
- 90-day price protection
- Extended Warranty
- No Foreign Transactions
Authorized User Fee
- $175 for 3 people (Authorized users get all of the benefits, including Priority Pass and airport lounge access, except the Airline, Uber, and Saks fee credits)
- Free Gold cards (up to 99 authorized users), but Gold cards have limited benefits. Gold cards get the 5x on categories below plus the Global Entry and TSA PreCheck credit, but Gold cards don’t get Priority Pass, other fee credits, or any airport lounge access.