- Target Bonus: 60,000 Membership Rewards Points
- Current Bonus: 60,000 Membership Rewards Points
- You do not need a relationship with Ameriprise to apply.
- This card has a bonus for several years of no sign-up bonus, but waived the annual fee and authorized user fee the first year.
Annual Fee: $550
Earning Membership Rewards Points
- 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with an airline, hotels booked on AmexTravel.com, and hotels booked using the Fine Hotels and Resorts program.
- 1x Membership Rewards points everywhere else
- You can also earn an additional 5,000 Membership Rewards points for every $20,000 in eligible purchases, up to 30,000 additional points per year (This is the one extra benefit over the standard Platinum card)
Platinum Card Benefits
Check out our comprehensive guide to the American Express Platinum Benefits and Lounge Access with the Platinum card for more detailed information on the Platinum cards amazing benefits. Below is a general overview of the benefits.
- $200 Airline Credit (for upgrades, bag fees, etc.)
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month January to November; $35 in December)
- Uber VIP Status
- $100 Saks credit ($50 in January to June; $50 July to December)
- Airport Lounge Access
- American Express Centurion Lounges
- Delta SkyClub (when flying Delta)
- Escape Lounges
- Airspace Lounges
- Priority Pass (airport lounge access and $25-28 dining credit per person at certain airport restaurants)
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit (authorized users get this benefit as well)
- Elite Status: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz Five Star, National Emerald Club Executive
- Travel Collection Membership
- Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Secondary Rental Car Insurance
- Roadside Assitance
- 90-day price protection
- Extended Warranty
- No Foreign Transactions
Authorized User Fee
- $175 for 3 people (Authorized users get all of the benefits, including Priority Pass and airport lounge access, except the Airline, Uber, and Saks fee credits)
- Free Gold cards (up to 99 authorized users), but Gold cards have limited benefits. Gold cards get the 5x on categories below plus the Global Entry and TSA PreCheck credit, but Gold cards don’t get Priority Pass, other fee credits, or any airport lounge access.