The Delta Business Reserve American Express card is designed for business travelers who are also Delta Medallion elite status members.
Delta SkyMiles Reserve Information
Application Link: Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express
Current Bonus: 100,000 SkyMiles plus 20,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles for elite status. The 100,000 SkyMiles bonus is awarded as 80,000 SkyMiles for $5,000 in spending within 3 months and 20,000 SkyMiles after your first cardmember year.
Annual Fee: The Delta Business Reserve card has an annual fee of $550, but it is justified by many of the benefits below.
Earn Rate: The Delta Reserve card earns 3x SkyMiles on purchases with Delta Airlines and 1x SkyMiles for all other purchases.
- If you spend over $150,000 in a calendar year, any additional spending in the 1x category will be increased to 1.5x SkyMiles.
Delta Reserve Card Benefits
The Delta Reserve card has a lot of great benefits, so we have divided them up into several groups.
Delta Reserve Lounge Access
- Lounge Access to Delta SkyClub when flying Delta.
- 2 Delta SkyClub Guest passes each year. You can obtain further guest passes for $39 each.
- Lounge Access to American Express Centurion Lounges when flying Delta if you booked flight with any American Express card. You can bring in guests for $50 each.
Delta Reserve Benefits on Delta
- Delta Companion Certificate for a round-trip domestic economy, Comfort+, or first class flight each card anniversary. You will have to pay the taxes and fees, and purchase an I, Z, W, L, U, T, X or V fare.
- Free first checked bag for you an up to eight companions traveling on your reservation.
- Priority boarding: Main Cabin 1 boarding for you and up to eight companions on your reservation.
- 20% in-flight savings via card statement credit for pre-purchased meals, and in-flight food, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets on Delta flights.
- Access to complimentary upgrades for non-Medallion elite members.
Delta Reserve Elite Status Benefits
- 15,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles for every $30,000 in purchases (maximum of 60,000 MQMs).
- A waiver of Medallion Qualifying Dollar requirement if you spend up to $25,000 in purchases for Platinum, Gold, or Silver Medallion status. ($250,000 in spending for Diamond).
- Upgrade priority over other Medallion members with the same Medallion level and fare class grouping.
Delta Reserve Card Protections
- Trip delay insurance (you can spend up to $500 if your flight is delayed 6+ hours)
- Baggage insurance.
- Secondary rental car insurance
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
- 90-day return protection.
- 90-day purchase protection.
- Extended warranty.
Other Delta Reserve Benefits
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- American Express Concierge (you can email at PlatinumRequests@concierge.americanexpress.com)