The Citi Rewards+ Card earns 2x points at supermarkets and gas stations. But the best feature of the card is that it rounds up points to the nearest 10 points. So if you spend $2, instead of 2 points, you get 10 points.
- Earn 20,000 ThankYou Points after $1,500 in Purchases in the First 3 Months + 5x Points on Restaurants up to $6,000 in the First Year
- Round Up to the Nearest 10 points on Every Purchase
- 2x Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations
- 10% Points Back up to 15,000 Extra Points
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Rewards+ card offers a 20,000 points bonus after spending $1,500 in the first three months of account opening.
Plus, for a limited time, new cardholders will earn 5 points per dollar spent at restaurants for the first 12 months, on up to $6,000 in combined spending (then 1 point per dollar).
0% Intro APR for 15 Months
The Citi Rewards+ card offers a 0% introductory annual percentage rate on balance transfers and purchases for the first 15 months opening the card.
After that, the variable APR will be 14.99%-24.99% based on your creditworthiness. Always try to to pay off your balance completely within the introductory APR period to avoid paying interest after the introductory period.
The card has an introductory balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% of the amount of the transfer, whichever is greater, and transfers must be completed in the first four months of account opening. After that, your fee will be 5% of each transfer (minimum $5).
Rewards+ Card Benefits
But the Rewards+ card offers the ability to earn extra points by maximizing the rounding up to the nearest 10 points, the 10% points rebate, and 2x points at gas stations and grocery stores.
2x at Supermarkets and Gas Stations
1x Points Everywhere Else
The Rewards+ card earns 1 ThankYou point per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
Round Up to Nearest 10 Points
One of the unique benefits of the Rewards+ card is the ability to round up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase.
For example, you would earn the following amounts for your spending:
- $2 train ride = 10 points (1x * 2 = 2 points, rounded up to 10 points).
- $52 at a gas station = 110 points (2x * 52 = 104 points, rounded up to 110 points)
- $21 at grocery store = 50 points (2x * 21 = 42 points, rounded up to 50 points)
10% Points Rebate
You can get 10% of your points when you redeem your points up to 100,000 ThankYou points (i.e. 10,000 points back). This also includes points transfers to airlines.
Alternatives to the Citi Rewards+
The Citi Premier® Card currently offers a large 80,000 points welcome bonus after spending $4,000 in the first three months.
The Premier card also comes with no foreign transaction fees, purchase protection, and an extended warranty for items purchased with the card that adds an additional 24 months to the manufacturer’s warranty.
Chase Freedom Flex
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash Back After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months + 5% Cash Back on Gas Station Purchases in the First Year (up to $6,000)
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a great no-annual fee card that earns 5% cash back in quarterly categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending) and on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.