The Citi Rewards+ Card earns 2x points at supermarkets and gas stations. But the best feature of the card is that it rounds up points to the nearest 10 points. So if you spend $2, instead of 2 points, you get 10 points.
- Round Up to the Nearest 10 points on Every Purchase.
- For a Limited Time, earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on Hotel, Car Rentals, and Attractions (excluding air travel) booked on the Citi Travel Portal through June 30, 2024.
- 2x Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations
- 10% Points Back up to 15,000 Extra Points
- No Annual Fee
However, you are not eligible for the welcome bonus if you’ve received a new cardmember bonus for any of the following cards — or if you closed any of these cards — in the past 24 months:
- Citi Rewards+ Card.
- Citi ThankYou Preferred (not available to new applicants).
- Citi Premier® Card.
- Citi Prestige Card (not available to new applicants).
The Citi Rewards+ Card earns ThankYou points at the following rates:
- 5 points per $1 spent on hotel, car rentals, and attractions (excluding air travel) booked on the Citi Travel Portal through June 30, 2024.
- 2 points per $1 spent at supermarkets and gas stations (for the first $6,000 spent per year).
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
One of the unique benefits of the Rewards+ card is the ability to round up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase.
For example, you would earn the following amounts for your spending:
- $2 train ride = 10 points (1x * 2 = 2 points, rounded up to 10 points).
- $52 at a gas station = 110 points (2x * 52 = 104 points, rounded up to 110 points).
- $21 at grocery store = 50 points (2x * 21 = 42 points, rounded up to 50 points).
No Annual Fee
One of the best aspects of the Citi Rewards+ Card is that it allows you to earn points with no annual fee.
0% Intro APR for 15 Months
The Citi Rewards+ card offers a 0% introductory annual percentage rate on balance transfers and purchases for the first 15 months of opening the card.
After that, the APR will be reg_apr,reg_apr_type based on your creditworthiness.
Rewards+ Card Benefits
The Rewards+ card lacks many of the card benefits you would expect compared with other no-annual fee cards like the Chase Freedom Flex, Chase Freedom Unlimited, or Bilt Rewards.
But the Rewards+ card offers the ability to earn extra points by maximizing the rounding up to the nearest 10 points, the 10% points rebate, and 2x points at gas stations and grocery stores.
10% Points Rebate
You can get 10% of your points when you redeem your points up to 100,000 ThankYou points (i.e. 10,000 points back). This also includes points transfers to airlines.
Alternatives to the Citi Rewards+
Citi Premier® Card
- Earn 60,000 Points After Spending $4,000 in the First 3 Months. Plus, for a limited time, earn a total of 10 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent on hotel, car rentals, and attractions (excluding air travel) booked on the Citi Travel℠ portal through June 30, 2024.
- 3x Points at Restaurants, Supermarkets, Gas Stations, Air Travel, and Other Hotels.
- $100 Off a Single $500 Hotel Stay Per Year
- Extended Warranty and Purchase Protections
- $95 Annual Fee
The Citi Premier® Card is the best card for earning points because it offers 3x points at:
The Premier card also comes with no foreign transaction fees, purchase protection, and an extended warranty for items purchased, adding an additional 24 months to the manufacturer’s warranty.
Chase Freedom Flex
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash Back After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a great no-annual fee card that earns 5% cash back in quarterly categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending) and on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.