You may be able to reverse a denied application by calling Citi’s reconsideration line to speak with a credit analyst.
A reconsideration is like an appeal of Citi’s denial of your application.
First, you should double-check your Citi application status to make sure it was a denial. Sometimes Citi needs more time to process your application.
Next, you should read Citi’s application rules to ensure you violate the rules. For example, Citi will auto-deny you if you had three or more credit card applications in the past 65 days.
Citibank’s reconsideration phone numbers are:
- Personal Cards: 1-800-695-5171 (8 AM to Midnight)
- Business Cards: 1-800-763-9795 (7 AM to Midnight)
Citi will also tell you why your application was denied (or you can wait for the letter in the mail for this reason).
- Too low of a credit score.
- Too many credit cards or credit inquiries in the past year.
- Bad history with Citi.
- Errors on your application or credit report.
- Citi has already overextended you credit.
- A high amount of unused credit compared to your available credit lines.
Reversing a reconsideration is daunting, so I wish you the best of luck.