Below are some of our favorite Citi credit cards.
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Select
The Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select offers a welcome bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage miles, free checked bags for you and up to four travelers on domestic flights, and priority boarding.
Plus, cardmembers earn 2x miles on American Airlines flights and at grocery stores, and can enjoy a 25% in-flight savings on food and drinks.
- Welcome Bonus of 50,000 Miles
- 2x Miles on American Airlines
- 2x Miles at Gas Stations and Restaurants
- Earn Loyalty Points Towards Elite Status
- Free Checked Bag for You & Four Companions on Domestic Flights
- Preferred Boarding
- 25% In-Flight Savings on Food and Drinks
American Airlines AAdvantage Executive
The Citi AAdvantage Executive is a great choice if you’re a frequent American Airlines flyer who wants airport lounge access.
This card features an Admirals Club membership (worth $650) that allows the primary cardholder and up to two guests with a same-day boarding pass to enter American Airlines Admirals Club lounges when flying American Airlines, a OneWorld airline (including Alaska Airlines), or JetBlue (excluding flights to Europe).
Plus, the primary cardholder enjoys access to over 50 partner lounges worldwide.
The annual fee is $450, but you can add up to 10 authorized users for free, who also enjoy Admirals Club lounge access with two guests.
If you maximize this benefit, you effectively pay only $41 per person for a yearly Admirals Club membership ($450 divided by 11 people).
- Welcome Bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage Miles
- Admirals Club Lounge Membership for Cardholders and Up to 10 Authorized Users with Two Guests
- Free Checked Bag (for you and 8 travel companions) on Domestics Flights
- Priority Boarding (for you and 8 travel companions)
- Priority Check-In (for you and 8 travel companions)
- Global Entry / TSA Pre-Check Credit
- $450 Annual Fee
American Airlines MileUp Card
The Citi AAdvantage MileUp is great for people who want to earn American Airlines miles without an annual fee.
The MileUp card doesn’t offer a big welcome mileage bonus, free checked bags, or priority boarding like other American Airlines credit cards.
But MileUp cardmembers earn 2x miles on American Airlines and at grocery stores, and receive a 25% in-flight savings on food and drinks.