Chase waives the annual fees on their personal credit cards, including the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, for active-duty military personnel, Guard and Reserve on 30-day orders, and their spouses.
The waiver applies to anyone listed as a covered borrower in the Military Lending Act Database.
To get this benefit:
- Apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card if you haven’t already done so; and
- Either send Chase a secured message requesting your Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) benefits or call 318-340-3308 outside the U.S. or 877-469-0110 within the U.S.
This benefit also applies to the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, which is a premium travel credit card with airport lounge access and the ability to earn more points in several categories.
Current Welcome Bonus on the Sapphire Preferred
Benefits of the Chase Sapphire Preferred
The Sapphire Preferred offers nice benefits, including:
- Receive 25% more value on points redeemed for travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards® portal.
- $50 annual credit on hotel stays purchased through Ultimate Rewards.
- 10% Points Bonus for each Cardmember anniversary.
- A complimentary one-year subscription to DashPass by DoorDash when you enroll by December 31, 2024.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance (up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip).
- Primary car rental insurance.
- Lost luggage reimbursement (up to $3,000 per passenger)
- Baggage delay insurance (up to $100 per day for five days).
- Trip delay insurance (up to $500 per ticket for a delay longer than 12 hours or overnight).
- Extended warranty.
- 120 days purchase protection (up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per year).
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Free 6-month membership to Instacart+ (activate by July 31, 2024).