The Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card is a no-annual-fee card that earns a very straightforward 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases.
The rewards become even more valuable when you pair the Ink Business Unlimited with another premium Ultimate Rewards card to boost your earnings by 25 to 50%.
This card also offers nice benefits such as primary rental car insurance, extended warranty, and purchase protection.
Let’s dive right in.
But you can easily increase the value by 25-50% of this card’s rewards by holding a premium Chase Ultimate Rewards card, including:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (review)
- card_name (review)
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card (review)
These three cards allow you to transfer this card’s Ultimate Rewards to the other Chase card to unlock:
25% Bonus: If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ink Business Preferred, you can redeem points for 1.25 cents per point for a travel purchase, which is a 25% bonus over the standard 1.0 cents per point.
50% Bonus: If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you can redeem points for 1.5 cents for a travel purchase, which is a 50% bonus over the standard 1.0 cents per point.
Potentially More Than 50% Bonus: With the Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, and Ink Preferred cards, you can transfer Ultimate Rewards to Chase’s airline and hotel partners, including Hyatt, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and Air Canada Aeroplan. This allows you to earn even more value, especially for business-class flights.
No Annual Fee
Ink Business Unlimited Card Benefits
The Ink Business Unlimited offers these benefits and perks:
Primary Rental Car Insurance
This card offers primary rental car insurance when you rent either (1) for business purposes in almost every country worldwide, (2) renting outside your country of residence for personal reasons, or (3) if you don’t have automobile collision insurance.
Primary rental car insurance covers any damage to a rental car when you pay for the rental using this card.
But you still need to maintain liability car insurance to cover damage to another person or property.
Credit card extended warranty protection adds up to an additional year of coverage for eligible purchases on manufacturer’s warranties up to 3 years.
Coverage matches the protection provided by the original warranty so that damage or defect would have to be covered by the original warranty for extended warranty coverage.
Purchase Protection for 120 Days
Purchase protection can save you a lot of money if you bought an eligible item that is damaged or stolen within 120-days.
For example, if accidentally dropped your new phone or laptop and broke the screen, you could file a claim to get it replaced if it was purchased within the last 120 days.
Coverage for this benefit is limited to $10,000 per claim and up to $50,000 per cardholder.m
Pros and Cons
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages:
- No annual fee
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Ability to boost rewards by 25-50+% with other Chase cards
- Good card benefits including primary rental car insurance, purchase protection, and an extended warranty.
- No bonus categories
- Foreign transaction fees (3%)
- Other no-annual fee business cards, such as The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express and The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card offer higher rewards for the first $50,000 in spending each year (less rewards thereafter).
Alternatives to the Ink Business Unlimited
Now that you know about the pros and cons of this card and its benefits, it’s time to review the alternatives.
Or, if you are like me, who loves to maximize my rewards, here are other cards you should add to your wallet in addition to this card:
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express (review) is one of my favorite cards because it has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in purchases every year. After that, you will earn 1 point on all other eligible purchases.
You can transfer Membership Rewards to 18 airlines and three hotel points programs, with several great sweet spots to travel in business class to anywhere in the world.
I put all of my everyday business spending on my Blue Business Plus because it is a quick way to rack up points for my next trip.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- Unlimited 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
- 2x Miles On Every Purchase
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Credit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the First Year, $95 Thereafter
- Free employee cards which also earn unlimited 2X miles from their purchases
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business is one of the top travel rewards credit cards for small business owners.
The card earns unlimited 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. It also earns unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases, which can be transferred to Capital One’s airline and hotel partners.
The Spark Miles also offers a statement credit for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application (up to $100) and no foreign transaction fees.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- 3X Points on Travel, Shipping, Advertising (Social Media and Search Engines), Internet, Cable, and Phone on the First $150,000 Each Account Year
- 25% Additional Points Value in Travel Redemption
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Cell Phone Protection
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $95 Annual Fee
With this card, you’ll earn:
- 3 points per $1 spent on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable, phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines (up to $150,000 in combined purchases per account anniversary year).
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases, with no limit on the number of points you can earn.
Beyond the rewards, the Ink Business Preferred provides valuable benefits, including:
- Primary rental car insurance (when renting for business purposes).
- Cell phone protection (up to $600 per claim against theft or damage, with a maximum of three claims per year and a $100 deductible per claim).
- Purchase and extended warranty protection.
Is the Ink Unlimited Card Worth it?
Yes, the Ink Unlimited is one of the best business cards with no annual fee because it offers unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
But to maximize its value, you should also hold (along with the Ink Business Unlimited) either: