The Cardless New Orleans Pelicans credit card earns 4 points on Pelicans season tickets, and a 10% discount at the Pelicans Team Store – all for a zero annual fee.
Released by Cardless, a budding fintech startup, this fan-centric card boasts a robust earning potential and premium rewards for loyal Pelicans supporters who want to showcase their pride with every swipe.
You’ll get a shot at VIP experiences like being a pre-game benchwarmer, getting an autographed jersey, or even meeting your favorite players.
Let’s explore all the benefits the New Orleans Pelicans credit card offers.
- 5,000 Points Welcome Bonus After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- 4x Points on Pelicans Tickets
- 3x Points at Bars & Restaurants
- No Annual Fee
Welcome Bonus of 5,000 Points
Cardless is offering a welcome bonus of 5,000 points (worth at least $50) when you spend $500 in the first 3 months.
This card previously had a welcome bonus of 30,000 points (worth $300), so I recommend waiting for a higher bonus to return. Or get one of our recommended cards below, which is a better option.
Earning Points with Pelicans Card
The Cardless Pelicans card recently devalued their spending bonuses on the card by eliminating 4x points at gas, restaurants, and food delivery.
The Cardless Pelicans card now earns:
- 4x points per dollar on New Orleans Pelicans game tickets purchased directly from the New Orleans Pelicans or seatgeek.com
- 3x points per dollar at bars and restaurants (excluding food delivery apps like UberEats, DoorDash, etc.)
- 1x points per dollar on all other spending.
How to Redeem Cardless Pelicans Points
Gift Cards or Merchandise
Cardless offers VIP game experiences and other exciting rewards for Pelicans fans:
Gift Cards – Redeem your points for Fanatics gift cards for Pelicans gear at 1.25 cents per point.
Statement Credits – You can also redeem points for statement credits at 1 cent per point.
Cardless offers ongoing benefits designed for sports enthusiasts:
- VIP game experiences like pre-tunnel visits and pre-game benchwarmer
- Home-game suite nights and meetups with players
- Meet-and-greet and facility tours
- Away-game travel and hotel rooms
New Orleans Pelicans Card Benefits
Zero Annual Fee or Hidden Fees
The New Orleans Pelicans credit card has no annual fee or hidden costs like late payment fees and foreign transaction fees.
10% Discount for Merchandise at the Pelicans Team Store
You can save considerably on sports purchases with the 10% statement credit for merchandise bought in-venue at the Pelicans Team Store or the official online Pelicans Team Store.
10% Off Concessions at the Smoothie King Center
You can also earn a 10% statement credit when buying concessions at the Smoothie King Center.
If you like the New Orleans Pelicans card, refer your friends and get 10,000 points for each approved application.
You’ll get referral bonus points if your friend applies for any Cardless credit card, including the New Orleans Pelicans, Miami Marlins, Manchester United, Liverpool FC, Cleveland Cavaliers, or Boston Celtics cards.
There is also a maximum number of referrals is 10 per calendar year (100,000 points from referrals).
Virtual Card for Online Transactions
Cardless credit cards have a virtual card number, so you can make online purchases right away.
You can shop for Pelicans merchandise and buy game tickets even if your physical Mastercard hasn’t arrived yet in the mail.
Simply open your Cardless app to view your virtual card number, digital security code, and expiration date.
Cardless is mobile wallet-friendly and compatible with Apple Wallet and Google Play, so it’s convenient to use your virtual card wherever mobile wallets are accepted.
Pros and Cons of the Pelicans Card
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages.
- 4x points for Pelicans tickets
- 3x points at bars and restaurants
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Weak welcome bonus (5,000 points)
- Potential for future negative changes
- No card benefits like purchase protection, extended warranty, or travel protections
Alternatives to the New Orleans Pelicans Card
Now that you know about various benefits and pros and cons of this credit card, it’s time to see its alternatives.
Citi Double Cash
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
Citi Custom Cash
- Earn $200 Cash Back After Spending $1,500 in the First Six Months
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, a variable APR of 18.49% – 28.49% applies.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash℠ Card is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories include restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, select travel, home improvement stores, drug stores, select transit, select streaming, fitness clubs, and live entertainment.
This allows you to turn the Custom Cash into your 5% cash back card for gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, or several other categories.
Chase Freedom Flex
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash Back After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a great no-annual fee card that earns 5% cash back in quarterly categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending) and on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
I am no longer a fan of this card after the recent devaluation. The card used to be a good option with extra points in valuable categories.
Now, I recommend you get another card with better benefits and spending bonuses like the: