The Cardless Manchester United card has no annual fee and earns 3x points at restaurants and bars and 2x points on select streaming and rideshare services.
Plus, you will save 10% at the Official Manchester United Megastore, Red Cafe, and United Direct when presenting your card.
This card also suffered several negative changes from Cardless when they reduced the welcome bonus from 30,000 points to 5,000 points, changed streaming and ride share from 5x points to 2x points, and eliminated the Peacock Streaming credit.
Below is everything you need to know about the Cardless Manchester United card and what cards offer more valuable rewards than this card.
5,000 Points Welcome Bonus
Cardless is offering a welcome bonus of 5,000 points (worth at least $50) when you spend $500 in the first 3 months.
This card previously had a welcome bonus of 30,000 points (worth $300), so I recommend waiting for a higher bonus to return. Or get one of our recommended cards below, which is a better option.
The Manchester United card earns points at the following rates:
3 points per dollar at bars and restaurants.
2 points per dollar on select rideshare and streaming services.
- Rideshare Services: Taxis, Uber, and Lyft
- Streaming Services: Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Discovery+, YouTube Music, HBO Max, HBO Now, Paramount+, Peacock, Spotify, Pandora, and Tidal
1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
However, this card previously offered better earning rates, but Cardless recently devalued this card.
You can redeem your points for gift cards, statement credits, or valuable sports merchandise:
- Gift Cards – Redemption is at 1.25 cents per point for Fanatics gift cards for Manchester United gear. For example, you’ll get a $475 Fanatics gift card for 40,000 points.
- Statement Credits – Redeeming for statement credits is at 1 cent per point. For example, you’ll receive $400 in statement credits for 40,000 points.
- Sports Merchandise and Premium Experiences – It can be immensely rewarding to get a team-signed item or even get a chance to talk to your favorite Manchester United legend. For example, you can have an autographed Marcus Rashford jersey or Daniel James jersey for 37,500 points.
Manchester United Card Benefits
No Annual Fee or Foreign Transaction Fees
All the perks and rewards of the Manchester United Card come with zero annual fee, late payment fees, or foreign transaction fees.
10% Off for Manchester United Merchandise
The Manchester United Card is a real money-saver if you spend a lot on sports merchandise.
You’ll receive a 10% discount when you present your Manchester United Card at the Official Manchester United Megastore.
You can also log into the Cardless mobile app and get your discount for online purchases on United Direct.
If you like the Manchester United Card, you can refer a friend and earn 10,000 points if they’re approved.
There is also a maximum number of referrals is 10 per calendar year (100,000 points from referrals).
Virtual Card for Online Transactions
All Cardless credit cards come with a virtual card number that you can use right away for online purchases. You can immediately buy your favorite sports merchandise online while waiting for your physical Mastercard to arrive in the mail.
Simply log into the Cardless app to access your virtual card number, expiration date, and digital security code. Cardless is mobile wallet-friendly and compatible with Apple Wallet and Google Pay, so you can use your virtual card anywhere mobile wallets are accepted.
Pros and Cons of Manchester United Card
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages:
- 3x points at restaurants and bars.
- 2x points on streaming.
- No annual fee.
- No extra points for purchases of Manchester United tickets, merchandise, or concessions.
- Potential for additional negative changes.
- No card benefits like purchase protection, extended warranty, or trip protections.
Alternatives to Manchester United Card
Now that you know about this credit card’s various benefits and pros and cons, it’s time to see its alternatives.
Citi Double Cash
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
Chase Freedom Flex
- Earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
Citi Custom Cash
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash℠ Card is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories, among several others, include:
- Gas stations.
- Grocery stores.
- Select travel.
- Home improvement stores.
- Drug stores.
- Fitness clubs.
This allows you to turn the Custom Cash into your 5% cash back card for your favorite category.
I am no longer a fan of this card after the recent devaluation. The card used to be a good option with extra points in valuable categories.
Now, I recommend you get another card with better benefits and spending bonuses like the: