The Manchester United credit card is another creative offering from Cardless, a fintech startup that introduced an intriguing portfolio of co-branded cards for sports fans.
This card earns 5 points at restaurants and bars on official match days and 5 points on streaming and rideshare services year-round. If you spend a lot on sports merchandise, you’ll save 10% at the Official Manchester United Megastore, Red Cafe, and United Direct.
Cardholders also enjoy 30,000 welcome bonus points and $5 monthly statement credits toward Peacock Premium, which lets you watch Manchester United matches and other Premier League streams.
Let’s discuss all the perks and rewards the Manchester United Card offers.
1. 30,000 Welcome Bonus Points
New cardholders receive 30,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 within the first 90 days of account opening.
The welcome bonus is worth around $300 in statement credits.
2. 5X Points on Dining and Food Delivery on Match Days
The Manchester United Card generously rewards you for spending on match days.
You’ll accrue 5 points per dollar spent on the following categories on days Manchester United plays an official match:
- Restaurants and bars
- Select food delivery services, including UberEats, DoorDash, Postmates, Instacart, and GrubHub
I wish Cardless would introduce at least 3x points on these categories for non-match days to avoid accidentally earning only 1x points on non-match days.
3. 5X Points on Rideshare and Streaming Services
You also earn 5 points in these bonus categories:
- Rideshare Services: Taxis, Uber, and Lyft
- Streaming Services: Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Discovery+, YouTube Music, HBO Max, HBO Now, Paramount+, Peacock, Spotify, Pandora, and Tidal
4. 1X Point Everywhere Else
All other qualifying purchases earn you 1 point per dollar.
5. Redeem Rewards
You can redeem your points for gift cards, statement credits, or valuable sports merchandise:
- Gift Cards – Redemption is at 1.25 cents per point for Fanatics gift cards for Manchester United gear. For example, you’ll get a $475 Fanatics gift card for 40,000 points.
- Statement Credits – Redeeming for statement credits is at 1 cent per point. For example, you’ll receive $400 in statement credits for 40,000 points.
- Sports Merchandise and Premium Experiences – It can be immensely rewarding to get a team-signed item or even get a chance to talk to your favorite Manchester United legend. For example, you can have an autographed Marcus Rashford jersey or Daniel James jersey for 37,500 points.
6. No Annual Cost or Hidden Fees
All the perks and rewards of the Manchester United Card come with zero annual cost, late payment fees, or foreign transaction fees.
7. 10% Off for Manchester United Merchandise
The Manchester United Card is a real money-saver if you spend a lot on sports merchandise.
You’ll receive a 10% discount when you present your Manchester United Card at the Official Manchester United Megastore.
You can also log into the Cardless mobile app and get your discount for online purchases on United Direct.
8. Manchester United Peacock Premium Reimbursement
Cardholders receive a $5 monthly refund in statement credits for Peacock Premium charges.
You must spend a minimum of $500 in the previous statement period to get the reimbursement.
9. Referral Bonus
If you like the Manchester United Card, you can refer a friend and earn 10,000 points if they’re approved.
There is also a maximum number of referrals is 10 per calendar year (100,000 points from referrals).
10. Virtual Card for Online Transactions
All Cardless credit cards come with a virtual card number that you can use right away for online purchases. You can immediately buy your favorite sports merchandise online while waiting for your physical Mastercard to arrive in the mail.
Simply log into the Cardless app to access your virtual card number, expiration date, and digital security code. Cardless is mobile wallet-friendly and compatible with Apple Wallet and Google Pay, so you can use your virtual card anywhere mobile wallets are accepted.
Cardless Manchester United Card Vs. Bilt Rewards
Like Cardless, Bilt Rewards is another budding startup that recently introduced a zero-annual-fee credit card in the past year.
The Bilt Rewards card doesn’t offer a welcome bonus, but you can pay rent fee-free and earn 1x points. For example, if your rent was $2,500 per month, you could earn 30,000 points each year, not just as a one-time welcome bonus.
The Bilt Rewards also allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel partners including Hyatt, American Airlines, and United Airlines. Whereas, the Cardless card has limited redemption options to cash back, gift cards, and merchandise.
The Cardless card also lacks travel and purchase protections, whereas the Bilt Rewards card offers trip delay insurance, trip cancellation insurance, primary rental car insurance, and purchase protection.
However, the Cardless card beats the Bilt Rewards card for purchases on select rideshare and streaming services (5x points).
Overall, the Manchester United Card is a great fit for major football fans, easily accumulating 5x points at bars and restaurants and for food delivery on match days.
However, as the dining category multiplier applies only on official match days, you earn the standard 1x point rate from food spending on typical days.
Other than that, this card offers a 10% discount for Manchester United merchandise at the official store and monthly statement credits for Peacock Premium charges.
With a zero annual cost, the Manchester United credit card can be quite rewarding for devoted fans.