Specially designed for Liverpool Football Club supporters, the new Liverpool FC credit card is a fantastic option for sports enthusiasts.
Cardless, a San Francisco financial technology firm, has partnered with Mastercard and launched several credit cards for sports teams in the past two years. The Liverpool FC Card, issued by First Electronic Bank, is the newest addition to their portfolio.
This card earns generously on sports expenses, rewarding you with 5 points on eligible Liverpool FC merchandise and Liverpool FC tickets. You’ll also earn 3 points at restaurants and bars.
Other noteworthy perks include an annual LFC International membership, a complimentary LFCTV Go subscription the first year (50% thereafter), and a 10% LFC merchandise discount – all for a no annual fee.
Let’s explore all the benefits the Liverpool FC Card offers.
- 5,000 Points Welcome Bonus After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- Complimentary LFC International Membership
- 5x Points on Liverpool Tickets and at the Liverpool FC Store
- 3x Points at Bars and Restaurants
- 2x Points on Rideshare and Streaming Services
- Free LFCTV Go Subscription for the First Year and 50% each following year
Welcome Bonus of 5,000 Points
Cardless is offering a welcome bonus of 5,000 points (worth at least $50) when you spend $500 in the first 3 months.
This card previously had a welcome bonus of 30,000 points (worth $300), so I recommend waiting for a higher bonus to return. Or get one of our recommended cards below, which is a better option.
Earning Points with the Liverpool FC Card
With the Liverpool FC card, you will earn:
- 5 Points per dollar on Liverpool FC ticket and Liverpool FC merchandise at the official Liverpool FC store
- 3 points per dollar at bars and restaurants
- 2 points per dollar on rideshare and streaming
- 1 point per dollar on all other spending
This card previously offered more lucrative spending categories. When the card launched it offered 5x points on rideshare and streaming (now 2x points) and 3x points on food delivery (now 1x points).
Cardless lets you redeem your points for gift cards, statement credits, premium items, and more:
- Gift Cards – You can redeem your points at 1.25 cents each for Fanatics gift cards for Liverpool FC gear. For example, 40,000 points get you a $475 Fanatics gift card.
- Statement Credits – Redemption is at 1 cent per point for statement credits. For example, you’ll get $400 in statement credits for 40,000 points.
- Sports Items and Experiences – You can get team-signed merchandise and even meet your favorite Liverpool legends, subject to availability.
Liverpool Card Benefits
No Annual and No Foreign Transaction Fees
Liverpool FC Card offers excellent perks and rewards without charging annual fees, late payment fees, or foreign transaction fees.
Complimentary LFC International Membership
Cardholders enjoy a complimentary LFC International Membership starting in June 2022 as long as the account remains open.
The membership typically costs £18.99, making the Liverpool FC Card an excellent deal if you want to maintain your membership for free.
LFC International Membership benefits include:
- Exclusive access to prize draws and content
- Digital matchday programs for each Premier League home game
- Access to a dedicated online Members’ Area
- 10% retail discount in LFC official stores and online with a maximum discount value of £75 per season
LFCTV GO Subscription
Cardmembers receive a free year subscription to LFCTV Go for the first year of card membership, which is $64.99 per year.
Once your free LFCTV Go subscription is over, you can receive a 50% discount on your annual subscription via your complimentary LFC International Membership.
10% Discount on LFC Merchandise
You’ll get 10% off LFC merchandise online or at LFC official stores.
If you like the Liverpool FC Card, you can refer a friend and earn 10,000 points if they’re approved.
You’ll get referral bonus points if your friend applies for any Cardless credit card, including the New Orleans Pelicans, Miami Marlins, Manchester United, Cleveland Cavaliers, or Boston Celtics cards.
There is also a maximum number of referrals is 10 per calendar year (100,000 points from referrals).
Tours and Food Discounts
You’ll also receive discounts up to £75 each season on Anfield Stadium tours and food from the Boot Room Sports Cafe.
In the first year of your membership, you’ll get a membership pack that includes an LFC pen, a pin badge, and a key ring.
Virtual Card for Immediate Online Transactions
All Cardless credit cards come with a virtual card number that you can use right away for online purchases. You can immediately buy your favorite sports merchandise online while waiting for your physical Mastercard to arrive in the mail.
Simply log into the Cardless app to access your virtual card number, expiration date, and digital security code.
Cardless is mobile wallet-friendly and compatible with Apple Wallet and Google Pay, so you can use your virtual card anywhere mobile wallets are accepted.
Pros and Cons of the Liverpool FC Card
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages:
- Nice perks for Liverpool FC fans including: 5x points on tickets and merchandise, discounted or free LFCTV Go Subscription, LFC International Membership, and a 10% discount on merchandise.
- No annual and no foreign transaction fees.
- 3x points at bars and restaurants and 2x points on streaming and rideshare.
- No card benefits like purchase protection, extended warranty, or trip protections.
- Potential for more negative changes.
Alternatives to the Liverpool Card
Now that you know about this credit card’s various benefits and pros and cons, it’s time to see its alternatives.
Citi Double Cash
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
Chase Freedom Flex
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash Back After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a great no-annual fee card that earns 5% cash back in quarterly categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending) and on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
Citi Custom Cash
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash℠ Card is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories, among several others, include:
- Gas stations.
- Grocery stores.
- Select travel.
- Home improvement stores.
- Drug stores.
- Fitness clubs.
This allows you to turn the Custom Cash into your 5% cash back card for your favorite category.
The Liverpool FC credit card is worth giving a shot if you’re an avid Liverpool fan. This co-branded card earns generously on Liverpool FC merchandise and bars and restaurants.
The complimentary one-year LFCTV GO subscription instantly saves you money. You can also have a 50% discount when you renew your subscription. Plus, you can shop for LFC merchandise with a 10% discount.
For a card with a no annual fee, the Liverpool FC Card offers lucrative rewards and money-saving perks that can make it a worthwhile option for sports fans.